3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Jamie Orchard-Hays
I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.

If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
might have solved this problem already.

Jamie

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Henri Dupre
I wrote my own servlet filter for this. I found that the regex were
too complex and also I wanted to transform the parameters and use the
DataSqueezer. I can share the code if you are interested.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Henri.

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

I think you should be able to do some of the mapping from within
Tapestry/HiveMind.  The ServiceEncoders should be capable of emulating
most of Paul's approach for 3.0.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Jamie Orchard-Hays
I ended up using the rewrite filter and created regex rules for each
service. It's working great.

This is all 3.0, not any Picasso code. Howard, were you referring to
Picasso?

Jamie

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> I think you should be able to do some of the mapping from within
> Tapestry/HiveMind.  The ServiceEncoders should be capable of emulating
> most of Paul's approach for 3.0.
>
> On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
>>3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
>>occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>>
>>If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
>>might have solved this problem already.
>>
>>Jamie

RE: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

richard.hensley
Henri, I would like to see that code. I have a problem where I'm migrating a
very old mod_perl application that has a WIDE variety of url pattern's and
parameters. There are a number that have been widely book marked and I need
to preserve the book marks and direct them to the new application. I was
considering urlrewrite, but like you I need something a little less regex
complex and a little more tapestry aware.

I wrote my own servlet filter for this. I found that the regex were
too complex and also I wanted to transform the parameters and use the
DataSqueezer. I can share the code if you are interested.

On 5/25/05, Jamie Orchard-Hays <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on a servlet filter rewrite pattern to translate 3.0 URLs to
> 3.0 Friendly URLs (using https://urlrewrite.dev.java.net/) and it
> occured to me that someone might have already written the RegEx for this.
>
> If you have please share! I actually enjoy RegEx, but thought someone
> might have solved this problem already.
>
> Jamie

Henri.

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Henri Dupre
I put my code in the wiki in case other people are interested:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/ShortcutUrls
It is all Java 5 code but the new enum and for can be easily adapted
to Java 1.4.

Henri.

On 5/27/05, Hensley, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Henri, I would like to see that code. I have a problem where I'm migrating a
> very old mod_perl application that has a WIDE variety of url pattern's and
> parameters. There are a number that have been widely book marked and I need
> to preserve the book marks and direct them to the new application. I was
> considering urlrewrite, but like you I need something a little less regex
> complex and a little more tapestry aware.

Henri.

Re: 3.0 URLs -> 3.0 FriendlyURLs url rewrite

Jamie Orchard-Hays
"also I'm allergic to regular expressions"--As I said on the dev list,
that's so funny because I absolutely *love* working with regular
expressions. I'm available for RegEx consultations for a fee. ;-)

Thanks for the wiki post. I'll ad my RegEx urlrewrite solutions for
translating regular tapestry urls to Friendly URLs when I have some time.

Jamie