4.0 Can't Find DTD Error

Gregg D Bolinger
Ok, hopefully last dumb question for today.  I am getting an exception
on my Home.page.

Could not parse specification context:/WEB-INF/Home.page.
Unable to read context:/WEB-INF/Home.page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd

So is this because no one has put this DTD file in the tapestry/dtd
folder or is this something I can fix on my end?

Gregg

Re: 4.0 Can't Find DTD Error

Howard Lewis Ship
Just copied the 4.0 DTD to the right location.

However, Tapestry should be using the copy packaged with it.  Double
check the doctype, must be a typo.

On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, hopefully last dumb question for today.  I am getting an exception
> on my Home.page.
>
> Could not parse specification context:/WEB-INF/Home.page.
> Unable to read context:/WEB-INF/Home.page:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd
>
> So is this because no one has put this DTD file in the tapestry/dtd
> folder or is this something I can fix on my end?
>
> Gregg

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 4.0 Can't Find DTD Error

Gregg D Bolinger
Well, here is how I had the doctype

<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

Is that not correct?

To work around until you added the file I did this:

<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_1.dtd">

On 5/9/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just copied the 4.0 DTD to the right location.
>
> However, Tapestry should be using the copy packaged with it.  Double
> check the doctype, must be a typo.
>
> On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Ok, hopefully last dumb question for today.  I am getting an exception
> > on my Home.page.
> >
> > Could not parse specification context:/WEB-INF/Home.page.
> > Unable to read context:/WEB-INF/Home.page:
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd
> >
> > So is this because no one has put this DTD file in the tapestry/dtd
> > folder or is this something I can fix on my end?
> >
> > Gregg

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 4.0 Can't Find DTD Error

Howard Lewis Ship
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

is what I use.  It appears to match.  I just re-rand the entire test
suite with my network card unplugged, so it definately works from the
internal files. Make sure the right version of the .page file is
picked up ... maybe you are editting one, but Tapestry is seeing
another at runtime.

On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, here is how I had the doctype
>
> <!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
>   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
>   "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">
>
> Is that not correct?
>
> To work around until you added the file I did this:
>
> <!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
>   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
>   "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_1.dtd">
>
> On 5/9/05, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just copied the 4.0 DTD to the right location.
> >
> > However, Tapestry should be using the copy packaged with it.  Double
> > check the doctype, must be a typo.
> >
> > On 5/9/05, Gregg D Bolinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Ok, hopefully last dumb question for today.  I am getting an exception
> > > on my Home.page.
> > >
> > > Could not parse specification context:/WEB-INF/Home.page.
> > > Unable to read context:/WEB-INF/Home.page:
> > > http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd
> > >
> > > So is this because no one has put this DTD file in the tapestry/dtd
> > > folder or is this something I can fix on my end?
> > >
> > > Gregg

> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> > Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 4.0 Can't Find DTD Error

Gregg D Bolinger
Yes, it was a build issue.  After I removed the 3.0.3 jars I never
cleaned up my exploded lib folder.  Darn IDEA cache. :)

Thanks.  Everything is going smooth now.

Gregg