5.4.1 soon?

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

the 5.4.0 release was 2 months ago and we have fixed some issues since then, some of them bugs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5

Do we want to create a follow-up release anytime soon or should we squash some more bugs first?
Are there issues currently being worked on that could go into the release?
What are your plans for 5.4.x?

Jochen

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

"Ulrich Stärk"
Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs get fixed.

Cheers,

Uli

On 24/02/16 15:32, Jochen Kemnade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the 5.4.0 release was 2 months ago and we have fixed some issues since then, some of them bugs:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5
>
> Do we want to create a follow-up release anytime soon or should we squash some more bugs first?
> Are there issues currently being worked on that could go into the release?
> What are your plans for 5.4.x?
>
> Jochen

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Jochen Kemnade-4
Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a release
just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.

Jochen

Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28 Uhr:

> Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs
> get fixed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli
>
> On 24/02/16 15:32, Jochen Kemnade wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the 5.4.0 release was 2 months ago and we have fixed some issues since
> then, some of them bugs:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5
> >
> > Do we want to create a follow-up release anytime soon or should we
> squash some more bugs first?
> > Are there issues currently being worked on that could go into the
> release?
> > What are your plans for 5.4.x?
> >
> > Jochen

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Kalle Korhonen-2
I'd like to get those JPA issues done I assigned to myself but don't hold
it up for them. I'm still working on something else before I can get to
those. What's your timeline?

Kalle

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
> required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a release
> just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
> asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.
>
> Jochen
>
> Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28
> Uhr:
>
> > Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs
> > get fixed.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > On 24/02/16 15:32, Jochen Kemnade wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > the 5.4.0 release was 2 months ago and we have fixed some issues since
> > then, some of them bugs:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5
> > >
> > > Do we want to create a follow-up release anytime soon or should we
> > squash some more bugs first?
> > > Are there issues currently being worked on that could go into the
> > release?
> > > What are your plans for 5.4.x?
> > >
> > > Jochen

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

I don't have a timeline. I usually release when I think it's worth the effort, but I guess that in the current situation, we can as well wait for a few more weeks.

Jochen

----- Am 25. Feb 2016 um 18:56 schrieb Kalle Korhonen [hidden email]:

> I'd like to get those JPA issues done I assigned to myself but don't hold
> it up for them. I'm still working on something else before I can get to
> those. What's your timeline?
>
> Kalle
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
>> required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a release
>> just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
>> asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.
>>
>> Jochen
>>
>> Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28
>> Uhr:
>>
>> > Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs
>> > get fixed.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Uli

>> > then, some of them bugs:
>> > >

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5

>> > squash some more bugs first?
>> > release?

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

"Ulrich Stärk"
What is holding you back exactly?

Cutting a release and pushing it to the staging repo for a VOTE used to be
a one-liner that could also easily be implemented as a Jenkins job.

Cheers,

Uli

On Thu, February 25, 2016 12:58, Jochen Kemnade wrote:

> Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
> required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a release
> just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
> asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.
>
> Jochen
>
> Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28
> Uhr:
>
>> Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs
>> get fixed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Uli
>>
>> On 24/02/16 15:32, Jochen Kemnade wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > the 5.4.0 release was 2 months ago and we have fixed some issues since
>> then, some of them bugs:
>> >
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5
>> >
>> > Do we want to create a follow-up release anytime soon or should we
>> squash some more bugs first?
>> > Are there issues currently being worked on that could go into the
>> release?
>> > What are your plans for 5.4.x?
>> >
>> > Jochen

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Jochen Kemnade-4
Yes, calling gradle generateRelease, logging into Nexus doen't take much
time, but there's still the voting process, release notes, JIRA, Confluence
and all that. There are only some minor changes since the 5.4.0 release, so
I'd rather wait for some more important changes.
But if anybody else thinks that we should make a release, they can do it,
it doesn't have to be me after all. ;-)

Jochen

"Ulrich Stärk" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 26. Feb. 2016 um
10:56 Uhr:

> What is holding you back exactly?
>
> Cutting a release and pushing it to the staging repo for a VOTE used to be
> a one-liner that could also easily be implemented as a Jenkins job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli
>
> On Thu, February 25, 2016 12:58, Jochen Kemnade wrote:
> > Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
> > required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a release
> > just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
> > asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.
> >
> > Jochen
> >
> > Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28
> > Uhr:
> >
> >> Release early, release often. 5.4.1 asap, followed by 5.4.2 if more bugs
> >> get fixed.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Uli

> >> then, some of them bugs:
> >> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5

> >> squash some more bugs first?
> >> release?

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Kalle Korhonen-2
I'll second that. Making a Tapestry release is considerably more involving
and time consuming than cutting a Github release. Uli, if you think you can
easily implement a Jenkins release job that also makes the source
distribution available, please do so. Most of us don't have privileges to
Jenkins. It would make it one step simpler.

Kalle

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, calling gradle generateRelease, logging into Nexus doen't take much
> time, but there's still the voting process, release notes, JIRA, Confluence
> and all that. There are only some minor changes since the 5.4.0 release, so
> I'd rather wait for some more important changes.
> But if anybody else thinks that we should make a release, they can do it,
> it doesn't have to be me after all. ;-)
>
> Jochen
>
> "Ulrich Stärk" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 26. Feb. 2016 um
> 10:56 Uhr:
>
> > What is holding you back exactly?
> >
> > Cutting a release and pushing it to the staging repo for a VOTE used to
> be
> > a one-liner that could also easily be implemented as a Jenkins job.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > On Thu, February 25, 2016 12:58, Jochen Kemnade wrote:
> > > Sure, I do that on Github, but in ASF projects, a little more effort is
> > > required for every release. I'd like to avoid having to create a
> release
> > > just because changes came in shortly after the last one. That's why I'm
> > > asking if anything else is going to be fixed shortly.
> > >
> > > Jochen
> > >
> > > Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 25. Feb. 2016 um 12:28
> > > Uhr:

> bugs

> since
> > >> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Jochen Kemnade-3
I'll probably create a release tomorrow. I'd like to resolve TAP5-1803
before, I'd appreciate some more feedback on the issue.
Anything else that we should do for 5.4.1?

Jochen

Am 26.02.2016 um 17:25 schrieb Kalle Korhonen:

> I'll second that. Making a Tapestry release is considerably more involving
> and time consuming than cutting a Github release. Uli, if you think you can
> easily implement a Jenkins release job that also makes the source
> distribution available, please do so. Most of us don't have privileges to
> Jenkins. It would make it one step simpler.
>
> Kalle
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, calling gradle generateRelease, logging into Nexus doen't take much
>> time, but there's still the voting process, release notes, JIRA, Confluence
>> and all that. There are only some minor changes since the 5.4.0 release, so
>> I'd rather wait for some more important changes.
>> But if anybody else thinks that we should make a release, they can do it,
>> it doesn't have to be me after all. ;-)
>>
>> Jochen
>>
>> "Ulrich Stärk" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 26. Feb. 2016 um
>> 10:56 Uhr:
>>
>>> What is holding you back exactly?
>>>
>>> Cutting a release and pushing it to the staging repo for a VOTE used to
>> be
>>> a one-liner that could also easily be implemented as a Jenkins job.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Uli

>> release

>> bugs

>> since
>>>>>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%205.4.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20TAP5

Re: 5.4.1 soon?

Kalle Korhonen-2
Finished the JPA issues so all good from my POV. Since I've run into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1918 myself it'd be great to get
a resolution on it but I punted myself.

Kalle