[5.4] Zone's initial visibility

Muhammad Gelbana
Why is Zone's *visible* parameter deprecated ?

Is there another Tapestry way to initially hide a zone ?
*---------------------*
*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana

Re: [5.4] Zone's initial visibility

bobharner
I've wondered the same thing. I believe it was part of the clearing
out of client-side JavaScript effects that relied on Scriptaculous.
http://tapestry.apache.org/ajax-and-zones.html says: "For 5.4, there
are client-side events that are triggered before and after changes to
the Zone; listeners on those events can trigger whatever animations
they like". However, that doesn't really answer the question.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Muhammad Gelbana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why is Zone's *visible* parameter deprecated ?
>
> Is there another Tapestry way to initially hide a zone ?

Re: [5.4] Zone's initial visibility

nquirynen

You could make use of a property to hide/show the content of the zone:

Page.class
---------

@Inject
private AjaxResponseRenderer ajaxResponseRenderer;

@InjectComponent
private Zone someZone;

@Property
private boolean show;

void onSomeEvent() {
    show = true;
    ajaxResponseRenderer.addRender(someZone);
}

Page.tml
-------

<t:zone t:id="someZone">