5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Hello, everyone!

Does someone have any blockers for finally releasing 5.5.0? I have none
and, if no one objects, I'd like to cut a release next week and have a vote
about it.

Cheers!

Re: 5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

bobharner
No objections from me, looking forward to the release!

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 10:10 AM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> Does someone have any blockers for finally releasing 5.5.0? I have none
> and, if no one objects, I'd like to cut a release next week and have a vote
> about it.
>
> Cheers!

RE: 5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

David Taylor
Same here. Everything looks good from our perspective.

Regards,

David

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> Does someone have any blockers for finally releasing 5.5.0? I have
none
> and, if no one objects, I'd like to cut a release next week and have
a vote
> about it.
>
> Cheers!

Re: 5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

Dmitry Gusev

There was one issue with assets compilation in master version in one of our
apps,
but I believe that's because of 3rd party dependencies and is not a general
issue with the framework itself,
so I'm all for it.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 6:10 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> Does someone have any blockers for finally releasing 5.5.0? I have none
> and, if no one objects, I'd like to cut a release next week and have a vote
> about it.
>
> Cheers!

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: 5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

David Taylor
Hi,

Just following up to see where we are at with the 5.5.0 release. We are
working on migrating our code to Java 11 and need an official release
before we can move to production.

Are there any open issues holding up the release? I see there was a
build failure with tapestry-javadoc due to a missing import of
com.sun.tools.javadoc.TagImpl in ParameterDescriptionSpec.groovy under
Java 9. It seems internal classes are being used in the tests. Is this
being worked on for the 5.5.0 release?

Thanks,
David
On 2/3/2020 2:59 AM, Dmitry Gusev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There was one issue with assets compilation in master version in one of our
> apps,
> but I believe that's because of 3rd party dependencies and is not a general
> issue with the framework itself,
> so I'm all for it.
>
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 6:10 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello, everyone!
>>
>> Does someone have any blockers for finally releasing 5.5.0? I have none
>> and, if no one objects, I'd like to cut a release next week and have a vote
>> about it.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> --
>> Thiago

Re: 5.5.0 release. Let's do it?

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 5:02 PM David Taylor <[hidden email]>

Hello!

> Just following up to see where we are at with the 5.5.0 release. We are
> working on migrating our code to Java 11 and need an official release
> before we can move to production.

Voting thread has just been started. :)

> Are there any open issues holding up the release? I see there was a
> build failure with tapestry-javadoc due to a missing import of
> com.sun.tools.javadoc.TagImpl in ParameterDescriptionSpec.groovy under
> Java 9. It seems internal classes are being used in the tests. Is this
> being worked on for the 5.5.0 release?

It'll be worked on in 5.6, when Tapestry is built with Java 9, but my plan
is to build it with Java 11, since it's a LTS version. 5.5.0 remains built
on Java 8, but supporting Java 11 bytecode. Then 5.7 will support Java 14
bytecode.

Actually, I believe Dmitry already fixed the issue preventing Tapestry from
building on Java 9+, but on a branch waiting for 5.5.0 to be released
before merging into master.