[ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

JumpStart
Hi all,

JumpStart 7.0.4 is out. The examples are the same but the front page has been rearranged into categories, and many AJAX examples have been moved to alongside their non-AJAX counterparts to help emphasise that AJAX in Tapestry 5 is sheer "child’s play".

JumpStart can be used here:

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/ <http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/>

And downloaded here:

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html <http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html>

And as always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

danny de cock
hello geoff,

great work!
your page and examples have learnt me a lot over the past years!

the `file upload` example seems to have disabled in the past release...
is there a specific reason for this disabling?
I am using the file upload from one of your previous versions and that
seems to work still, so I am wondering why it has been disabled ;-)

thanks again for your great work, danny.

On 16 May 2018 at 14:57, JumpStart <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> JumpStart 7.0.4 is out. The examples are the same but the front page has
> been rearranged into categories, and many AJAX examples have been moved to
> alongside their non-AJAX counterparts to help emphasise that AJAX in
> Tapestry 5 is sheer "child’s play".
>
> JumpStart can be used here:
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/ <
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/>
>
> And downloaded here:
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html <
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html>
>
> And as always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

Great news! Thanks for the great work as always, Geoff!

On Wed, May 16, 2018, 8:57 AM JumpStart <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> JumpStart 7.0.4 is out. The examples are the same but the front page has
> been rearranged into categories, and many AJAX examples have been moved to
> alongside their non-AJAX counterparts to help emphasise that AJAX in
> Tapestry 5 is sheer "child’s play".
>
> JumpStart can be used here:
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/ <
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/>
>
> And downloaded here:
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html <
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html>
>
> And as always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

Massimo Lusetti
Great news! Thanks Geoff!

Massimo Lusetti

Re: [ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Once again, thanks Geoff! JumpStart is an invaluable resource!

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Massimo Lusetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great news! Thanks Geoff!
>
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM, JumpStart <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > JumpStart 7.0.4 is out. The examples are the same but the front page has
> > been rearranged into categories, and many AJAX examples have been moved
> > alongside their non-AJAX counterparts to help emphasise that AJAX in
> > Tapestry 5 is sheer "child’s play".
> >
> > JumpStart can be used here:
> >
> >         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/ <
> > http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/>
> >
> > And downloaded here:
> >
> >         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html <
> > http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html>
> >
> > And as always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Geoff
>

> --
> Massimo Lusetti

Re: [ANN] JumpStart 7.0.4 released!

Hi Danny,

No reason except that I haven’t got around to upgrading it to T5.4. However, I suspect it has a memory leak. For production use I would suggest using an AJAX file uploader such as FineUploader. In fact, that’s probably what I should put in JumpStart, now that FineLoader has become open source.

Cheers,

Geoff