[ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

[ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart
Hi all,

There's a new JumpStart demo, built for T5.4. It fully embraces:

        * Bootstrap.
        * jQuery.
        * RequireJS.
        * JSR-303 Bean Validation.

You can use it here:

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/<http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/>

I hope you like it. As always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.

Cheers,

Geoff

P.S. I hope to have a final release ready when T5.4 goes final.

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

Lance Java
Nice work! I love the facelift!

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart
Thanks Lance. It was, in no small way, inspired by your work with
tapestry-stitch.

> Nice work! I love the facelift!

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

François Facon-3
Super!
Thank you very much for this very important contribution.

> Nice work! I love the facelift!

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

duymap
Amazing!!!

--
Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

Lance Java
Haha... I did see some similarities. Parts of tapestry-stitch were inspired
by Jumpstart.... You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!
 On 6 Jan 2014 10:00, "Geoff Callender" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Lance. It was, in no small way, inspired by your work with
> tapestry-stitch.
>

> On 6 January 2014 20:30, Lance Java <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Nice work! I love the facelift!

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

Howard Lewis Ship
Looks great!

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:44 AM, Lance Java <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Haha... I did see some similarities. Parts of tapestry-stitch were inspired
> by Jumpstart.... You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!
>  On 6 Jan 2014 10:00, "Geoff Callender" <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Lance. It was, in no small way, inspired by your work with
> > tapestry-stitch.
> >

> > On 6 January 2014 20:30, Lance Java <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Nice work! I love the facelift!

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart 7 Preview 3 is now up.

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/

Forgot to mention that JumpStart 7 also embraces T5.4's new Form error handling (in which Tap doesn't redirect to display form errors)

Cheers,

Geoff.

On 06/01/2014, at 7:43 PM, Geoff Callender wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's a new JumpStart demo, built for T5.4. It fully embraces:
>
>         * Bootstrap.
>         * jQuery.
>         * RequireJS.
>         * JSR-303 Bean Validation.
>
> You can use it here:
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/
>
> I hope you like it. As always, your comments and corrections are encouraged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. I hope to have a final release ready when T5.4 goes final.

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

Daniel Jue
Thanks for your efforts Geoff, I'll be using this reference for sure.  So
much new stuff to catch up on.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Geoff Callender <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> JumpStart 7 Preview 3 is now up.
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/
>
> Forgot to mention that JumpStart 7 also embraces T5.4's new Form error
> handling (in which Tap doesn't redirect to display form errors)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff.
>
> On 06/01/2014, at 7:43 PM, Geoff Callender wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There's a new JumpStart demo, built for T5.4. It fully embraces:
> >
> >         * Bootstrap.
> >         * jQuery.
> >         * RequireJS.
> >         * JSR-303 Bean Validation.
> >
> > You can use it here:
> >
> >         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/
> >
> > I hope you like it. As always, your comments and corrections are
> encouraged.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Geoff
> >
> > P.S. I hope to have a final release ready when T5.4 goes final.

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

Massimo Lusetti
Thanks Geoff! It's pretty cool what you've done!

Massimo Lusetti

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart 7 Preview 4 is now up.

This version adds examples of Components CRUD - two of them - with differing degrees of granularity.

There are lots of small improvements, too.

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/

Please let me know if you spot anything that's incorrect or questionable. Bad examples will not help the Tapestry cause!

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

bobharner
Geoff, this is really great. It's amazing how much of an improvement
it is to display the file listings in separate tabs.

A minor thing, in Chrome (but not IE) it looks like there's a layout
problem with the checkboxes on the
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/component/subformcomponent1
page (and on the other two Sub-Form demos). Might want to use an HTML
label element or t:label component there as well so you can click on
the label to check the checkbox.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Geoff Callender
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> JumpStart 7 Preview 4 is now up.
>
> This version adds examples of Components CRUD - two of them - with differing degrees of granularity.
>
> There are lots of small improvements, too.
>
>         http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/
>
> Please let me know if you spot anything that's incorrect or questionable. Bad examples will not help the Tapestry cause!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart
Thanks, Bob. I'll try get that sorted out for the next release, which will probably be next Monday.

On 28/01/2014, at 1:36 PM, Bob Harner wrote:

> Geoff, this is really great. It's amazing how much of an improvement
> it is to display the file listings in separate tabs.
>
> A minor thing, in Chrome (but not IE) it looks like there's a layout
> problem with the checkboxes on the
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/component/subformcomponent1
> page (and on the other two Sub-Form demos). Might want to use an HTML
> label element or t:label component there as well so you can click on
> the label to check the checkbox.
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Geoff Callender
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> JumpStart 7 Preview 4 is now up.
>>
>> This version adds examples of Components CRUD - two of them - with differing degrees of granularity.
>>
>> There are lots of small improvements, too.
>>
>>        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/
>>
>> Please let me know if you spot anything that's incorrect or questionable. Bad examples will not help the Tapestry cause!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart Preview: for Tapestry 5.4

JumpStart
JumpStart 7 Preview 5 is now up.

It addresses the issues Bob raised below and it adds an AJAX Components CRUD example.

As always, please let me know if you spot anything that's incorrect or questionable. Bad examples will not help the Tapestry cause!

Cheers,

Geoff