[Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

[Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

Robin Komiwes
We are pleased to announce Wooki 0.2.0 release. We have been working more
than two months on this major update and we hope you will appreciate our
efforts.

For newcomers, Wooki is a collaborative writing tool that let users publish
and review documents. It is open source and distributed under the Apache 2.0
License. Of course, it is based on Tapestry 5.

What's new in Wooki 0.2.0?

   - PDF generation is now powered by Flying Saucer, which will offer great
   possibilities for PDF stylization
   - Redesigned User Interface to provide a more intuitive layout
   - Editor has been also improved with AJAX autosave, on the fly image
   upload and a fullscreen mode to make the edition easier
   - Feeds! Wooki now produces feeds on many pages. This feature is the
   result of integrating Rome library into Tapestry.
   - Spring 2.5 has been updated to Spring 3.
   - Last but not least this new version also includes a bunch of new
   Tapestry components. A great example is our Twitter like "more" button.

We are looking forward to blog about all thoses technicals asides on "spread
the source" blog.

Our demo website has been updated, try Wooki 0.2.0 now at
http://<http://wookicentral.com/demo>
wookicentral <http://wookicentral.com/demo>.com/demo<http://wookicentral.com/demo>

We would like to thanks all our Github bugs reporters, all our followers,
everyone who have contributed to this project in some way and everyone who
supports it.

Next release should focus on providing a REST API, more imports and exports
formats and improving our core source code.

Regards,

- Wooki developpers team -- Christophe Cordenier, Robin Komiwes, Bruno
Verachten -- http://
<http://wookicentral.com>wookicentral<http://wookicentral.com>
.com <http://wookicentral.com> -- Source code :
http://github.com/robink/wooki -- http://twitter.com/spreadthesource

Re: [Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

abangkis
Great, i was waiting for this.

Congrats ! :)

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Robin Komiwes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce Wooki 0.2.0 release. We have been working more
> than two months on this major update and we hope you will appreciate our
> efforts.
>
> For newcomers, Wooki is a collaborative writing tool that let users publish
> and review documents. It is open source and distributed under the Apache 2.0
> License. Of course, it is based on Tapestry 5.
>
> What's new in Wooki 0.2.0?
>

>   - PDF generation is now powered by Flying Saucer, which will offer great
>   possibilities for PDF stylization
>   - Redesigned User Interface to provide a more intuitive layout
>   - Editor has been also improved with AJAX autosave, on the fly image
>   upload and a fullscreen mode to make the edition easier
>   - Feeds! Wooki now produces feeds on many pages. This feature is the
>   result of integrating Rome library into Tapestry.
>   - Spring 2.5 has been updated to Spring 3.
>   - Last but not least this new version also includes a bunch of new
>   Tapestry components. A great example is our Twitter like "more" button.
>
> We are looking forward to blog about all thoses technicals asides on "spread
> the source" blog.
>
> Our demo website has been updated, try Wooki 0.2.0 now at
> http://<http://wookicentral.com/demo>
> wookicentral <http://wookicentral.com/demo>.com/demo<http://wookicentral.com/demo>
>
> We would like to thanks all our Github bugs reporters, all our followers,
> everyone who have contributed to this project in some way and everyone who
> supports it.
>
> Next release should focus on providing a REST API, more imports and exports
> formats and improving our core source code.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Wooki developpers team -- Christophe Cordenier, Robin Komiwes, Bruno
> Verachten -- http://
> <http://wookicentral.com>wookicentral<http://wookicentral.com>
> .com <http://wookicentral.com> -- Source code :
> http://github.com/robink/wooki -- http://twitter.com/spreadthesource

Re: [Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

Christophe Cordenier
Hi

You're very welcome.

Also, note that we have planned to split wooki into smaller pieces, so
tapestry developers here can use reusable parts of wooki in the form of
small contribution for their project.

We still need to install our maven repository and then try the refactor
work, but this is one of our main objective.

Best Regards,
Christophe Cordenier.

Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: [Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

abangkis
hi, just wan't to point out that your download link still point to

http://static.spreadthesource.com/wooki-0.1.war

cheers,

abangkis

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Christophe Cordenier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > We would like to thanks all our Github bugs reporters, all our followers,
>> > everyone who have contributed to this project in some way and everyone
>> who
>> > supports it.
>> >
>> > Next release should focus on providing a REST API, more imports and
>> exports
>> > formats and improving our core source code.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > - Wooki developpers team -- Christophe Cordenier, Robin Komiwes, Bruno
>> > Verachten -- http://
>> > <http://wookicentral.com>wookicentral<http://wookicentral.com>
>> > .com <http://wookicentral.com> -- Source code :
>> > http://github.com/robink/wooki -- http://twitter.com/spreadthesource

> Regards,
> Christophe Cordenier.
>
> Developer of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: [Announce] Wooki - Collaborative Writing - version 0.2.0 is here!

Link for the war is corrected. Thanx!