Application Scope

Stephan Windmüller
Hi!

Since the ApplicationState annotation has been renamed to SessionState,
I am wondering if there is a usable Application scope in Tapestry where
I can store data globally for the application?

TIA
 Stephan

Re: Application Scope

"Ulrich Stärk"
Not build-in but you can write yourself some singleton service around a hashmap or something.

Uli

On 02.11.2010 13:36, Stephan Windmüller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Since the ApplicationState annotation has been renamed to SessionState,
> I am wondering if there is a usable Application scope in Tapestry where
> I can store data globally for the application?
>
> TIA
>   Stephan

Re: Application Scope

Mats Andersson-2
One solution is to implement your own tapestry service for this.

BR
Mats

Stephan Windmüller skrev 2010-11-02 13:36:

> Hi!
>
> Since the ApplicationState annotation has been renamed to SessionState,
> I am wondering if there is a usable Application scope in Tapestry where
> I can store data globally for the application?
>
> TIA
>   Stephan

Re: Application Scope

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:46:57 -0200, Ulrich Stärk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not build-in but you can write yourself some singleton service around a
> hashmap or something.

I'd like to add that Tapestry never had an application scope.
ApplicationState was renamend to SessionState exactly to prevent this kind
of confusion.

The application scope in the Servlets API is, in my humble opinion, a very
bad idea. As Mats suggested, just create a service that encapsulates the
data you need.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: Application Scope

George Christman
Is there any examples on how to create my own service?

Re: Application Scope

robertdzeigler
See: http://tapestry.apache.org/community.html

And check out the various modules and tutorials listed.

Cheers,

Robert

On Aug 19, 2011, at 8/192:46 PM , George Christman wrote:

> Is there any examples on how to create my own service?

Re: Application Scope

George Christman
Thanks Robert