ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after random time

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after random time

nquirynen
Hi all,

I have a webapp deployed on a tomcat server. It was running just fine,
but after some time I keep getting following exception if I go to any
page in the webapp:

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
         at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(ArrayList.java:400)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.XMLTokenStream.token(XMLTokenStream.java:430)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.XMLTokenStream.getLocation(XMLTokenStream.java:475)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.SaxTemplateParser.parse(SaxTemplateParser.java:173)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TemplateParserImpl$1.invoke(TemplateParserImpl.java:61)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TemplateParserImpl$1.invoke(TemplateParserImpl.java:58)
         at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:74)
         ... 112 more

After rebooting Tomcat it all worked again so I'm not even sure if this
is a Tapestry problem?

Anyone an idea what could be causing this?

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after random time

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:47:04 -0300, Nathan Quirynen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> After rebooting Tomcat it all worked again so I'm not even sure if this
> is a Tapestry problem?

Do you have the full stack trace?

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException after random time

Cezary Biernacki
Random guess: Tomcat unpacks your application to a temporary directory
monitored by tmpwatch service or something similar, and after some time
less used files are removed by that service causing problems to Tapestry.
For example /tmp directory is by default monitored on many Linux
distributions, and unused files are removed from it after several days.

But it would help us to help you, if you would post bigger excerpt of logs
around this exception. Especially OperationTracker

Best regards,
Cezary