Backing on the browser

coriolisguy
Hi all,

I have a situtation where after clicking through a few
pages I try to Back on the pages and I get a
The page cannot be displayed and the URL returns to
http://localhost:8080/intaglioWebClient/app. Why can't
I back.

Ed

Re: Backing on the browser

Jamie Orchard-Hays
The general answer is that Tapestry has state and using the back button
confuses the management of this state. If you use the back button and
then try to submit a form or use the link, that page was originally
rendered in a different state than Tapestry is now in on the server side.

One thing I'm not clear on from your message: is the error happening
when you hit "back" or after you've gone back a few pages and clicked
something on the page.

Jamie