Border Component and Messages

Scott F. Walter
Hi,

I had a solution for displaying messages at the top of page that I
thought worked pretty well.  It works by:

1.  BorderComponets gets access to a method on the page called
getMessage() and if its not null displays the message
2.  The pageEndRenderer in my base Page class calls setMessage(null) to
make sure the message is only displayed once.

However, it doesn't seem to work when I call it from a form listener.
Any ideas why and how would be the best way to solve it?

--

Scott F. Walter Scott F. Walter
Principal Consultant

E: [hidden email]
E: [hidden email]
Visit scottwalter.com <http://scottwalter.com> --Point.  Click.  Explore!

Re: Border Component and Messages

pferraro
This is because pageEndRender() gets called at the end of both rewind
and render.
Your page should implement PageDetachListener and move your
setMessage(null) code to the pageDetached() method.

Paul