CSS files are not combined into one single file

CSS files are not combined into one single file

Dongmei Cao

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to improve the initial loading time of my application. I noticed that the CSS files are loaded by one by one. Currently I see 5 CSS files from tapestry5, plus a few more from my own application.

I have upgraded to Tapestry 5.5.0. Per https://tapestry.apache.org/assets.html, I have added the following dependency

<dependency>

    <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>

    <artifactId>tapestry-webresources</artifactId>

    <version>5.5.0</version>

</dependency>

And have also configured SymbolConstants.MINIFICATION_ENABLED, "true". I can see the CSS files have been minimized. But they are not combined into one. Does anyone know what to configure so that the CSS files will be combined into one single file?

Thanks in advance!!

Dongmei

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: CSS files are not combined into one single file

Carlos Montero Canabal
Hi Dongmei,

I wrote some years ago a mini post about it:
http://tapestry5.dev-util.com/optimization/cssstack

In the example you can see how to create the css stack by maven plugin or,
(my preferred option) by less file. You only have to create a new less file
and import into them all css or less files. For developing (not
production), I always put an If to import the individual files or the stack
to identify the line better when I play with the devtools.

Regards

Carlos Montero