CVE-2019-10071: Apache Tapestry vulnerability disclosure

CVE-2019-10071: Apache Tapestry vulnerability disclosure

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
CVE-2019-0207: Apache Tapestry 5.4.2 Path Traversal vulnerability
Severity: important
Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Versions affected: all Apache Tapestry versions between 5.4.0, including
its betas, and 5.4.3.

String.equals() for comparisons, which results in a timing side channel for
the comparison of the HMAC signatures. This could lead to remote code
execution if an attacker is able to determine the correct signature for
their payload. The comparison should be done with a constant time algorithm
instead.

Mitigation:
Upgrade to Tapestry 5.4.5, which is a drop-in replacement for any 5.4.x
version.

Credit:
David Tomaschik of the Google Security Team

Re: CVE-2019-10071: Apache Tapestry vulnerability disclosure

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
I'm afraid I've mad an error. It should have been CVE-2019-10071: New Issue
in Fix for CVE-2014-1972

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> CVE-2019-0207: Apache Tapestry 5.4.2 Path Traversal vulnerability
> Severity: important
> Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Versions affected: all Apache Tapestry versions between 5.4.0, including
> its betas, and 5.4.3.

> String.equals() for comparisons, which results in a timing side channel for
> the comparison of the HMAC signatures. This could lead to remote code
> execution if an attacker is able to determine the correct signature for
> their payload. The comparison should be done with a constant time algorithm
> instead.
>
> Mitigation:
> Upgrade to Tapestry 5.4.5, which is a drop-in replacement for any 5.4.x
> version.
>
> Credit:
> David Tomaschik of the Google Security Team

Re: CVE-2019-10071: Apache Tapestry vulnerability disclosure

Nourredine K.
  Hello Thiago,

Same question here.

Does this CVE concern only Tapestry 5.4 ? What about 5.3 ?

Regards,

Nouredine

Le ven. 13 sept. 2019 à 17:02, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I'm afraid I've mad an error. It should have been CVE-2019-10071: New Issue
> in Fix for CVE-2014-1972
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > CVE-2019-0207: Apache Tapestry 5.4.2 Path Traversal vulnerability
> > Severity: important
> > Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > Versions affected: all Apache Tapestry versions between 5.4.0, including
> > its betas, and 5.4.3.

> > String.equals() for comparisons, which results in a timing side channel
> for
> > the comparison of the HMAC signatures. This could lead to remote code
> > execution if an attacker is able to determine the correct signature for
> > their payload. The comparison should be done with a constant time
> algorithm
> > instead.
> >
> > Mitigation:
> > Upgrade to Tapestry 5.4.5, which is a drop-in replacement for any 5.4.x
> > version.
> >
> > Credit:
> > David Tomaschik of the Google Security Team
> >
> > --
> > Thiago

Re: CVE-2019-10071: Apache Tapestry vulnerability disclosure

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 11:39 AM Nourredine K. <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>   Hello Thiago,

Hello!