Component Migrate 3.0-4.0

Gregg D Bolinger
Again, sorry if this has been asked.  I did do a search but did not
find an answer.  I am wondering how the contrib components will act in
a 4.0 environment.  Are they all going to have to be converted from a
3.0 component to a 4.0 component?  How is that going to work?  It
seems to me that you shouldn't have to change anything but I really
don't know.

Thanks.

Gregg Bolinger

Re: Component Migrate 3.0-4.0

Erik Hatcher

On May 6, 2005, at 7:51 PM, Gregg D Bolinger wrote:

> Again, sorry if this has been asked.  I did do a search but did not
> find an answer.  I am wondering how the contrib components will act in
> a 4.0 environment.  Are they all going to have to be converted from a
> 3.0 component to a 4.0 component?  How is that going to work?  It
> seems to me that you shouldn't have to change anything but I really
> don't know.

The contrib components are essentially built into Tapestry and have
already been converted to 4.0 DTD's and API, though there was an
issue reported about contrib:Table I think (which I haven't had a
need to use yet myself).

As for 3rd party components - hopefully they'll work without changes
though I'm not sure that will be the case.  The 3.0 DTD's still work,
but some other changes were made that may prevent them from working.

     Erik

Re: Component Migrate 3.0-4.0

Gregg D Bolinger
Thanks Erik.  I wasn't sure if the way custom components are built had
changed from 3.0 to 4.0.  Similar to how all the Eclipse plugins that
worked in Eclipse 2 were broke in Eclipse 3 because Eclipse changed
how plugins are made, etc.

Gregg