Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

pico.dev
Hi!

First, thanks to all persons that contributed to the recent 5.5.0 release.
Nice to see new releases and future plans proposals.

I have created the following issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2623 to update Apache Tapestry
website and documentation styles to resolve at least the following points:

* Create a more up to date website with styles more appealing.
* Make the website responsive.
* Fix Google Custom Search, currenty is broken.
* Reorganize header menu items.
* Create a footer with commons links.
* Update Apache Tapestry logotype to include trademark branding requirement
[1] (I don't know it contnues to be a requirement). Create various versions.
1. With icon, title, slogan
2. Only icon

I have been talking with Bob to know how works the current site generation
tool and the current edition workflow. I have a quite avanced work in
progress, I attached some screenshots in the issue so I hope to have a
version in the following weeks. This will be my second contribution after
after fix and update tapestry-quickstart (TAP5-2608) that has been released
with 5.5.0.

Maybe this is not the most priority nor the main area of interest but is
something I able to contribute. Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
pd

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

bobharner
Everybody,

Here's a preview of the new look of the documentation, thanks to pico.dev:

    http://tapestry.apache.org/class-reloadingv2.html

There are still some small fixes being worked on, but overall I think
it's looking very good. Probably the whole site will be switched over
in the next few days, unless somebody objects.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:44 AM pico.dev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First, thanks to all persons that contributed to the recent 5.5.0 release.
> Nice to see new releases and future plans proposals.
>
> I have created the following issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2623 to update Apache Tapestry
> website and documentation styles to resolve at least the following points:
>
> * Create a more up to date website with styles more appealing.
> * Make the website responsive.
> * Fix Google Custom Search, currenty is broken.
> * Reorganize header menu items.
> * Create a footer with commons links.
> * Update Apache Tapestry logotype to include trademark branding requirement
> [1] (I don't know it contnues to be a requirement). Create various versions.
> 1. With icon, title, slogan
> 2. Only icon
>
> I have been talking with Bob to know how works the current site generation
> tool and the current edition workflow. I have a quite avanced work in
> progress, I attached some screenshots in the issue so I hope to have a
> version in the following weeks. This will be my second contribution after
> after fix and update tapestry-quickstart (TAP5-2608) that has been released
> with 5.5.0.
>
> Maybe this is not the most priority nor the main area of interest but is
> something I able to contribute. Any comments are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> pd

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:59 PM Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everybody,

Hello, pico.dev and Bob!

> Here's a preview of the new look of the documentation, thanks to pico.dev:
>
>     http://tapestry.apache.org/class-reloadingv2.html
>
> There are still some small fixes being worked on, but overall I think
> it's looking very good. Probably the whole site will be switched over
> in the next few days, unless somebody objects.

It's looking great! The current design is functional but stylistically
speaking it's a bit dated.
I'll object if Bob doesn't finish this awesome work contributed by pico.dev!
:D
Thank you both very much!

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:44 AM pico.dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > First, thanks to all persons that contributed to the recent 5.5.0
> release.
> > Nice to see new releases and future plans proposals.
> >
> > I have created the following issue
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2623 to update Apache
> Tapestry
> > website and documentation styles to resolve at least the following
> points:
> >
> > * Create a more up to date website with styles more appealing.
> > * Make the website responsive.
> > * Fix Google Custom Search, currenty is broken.
> > * Reorganize header menu items.
> > * Create a footer with commons links.
> > * Update Apache Tapestry logotype to include trademark branding
> requirement
> > [1] (I don't know it contnues to be a requirement). Create various
> versions.
> > 1. With icon, title, slogan
> > 2. Only icon
> >
> > I have been talking with Bob to know how works the current site
> generation
> > tool and the current edition workflow. I have a quite avanced work in
> > progress, I attached some screenshots in the issue so I hope to have a
> > version in the following weeks. This will be my second contribution after
> > after fix and update tapestry-quickstart (TAP5-2608) that has been
> released
> > with 5.5.0.
> >
> > Maybe this is not the most priority nor the main area of interest but is
> > something I able to contribute. Any comments are welcome.
> >
> > Regards,
> > pd

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

Massimo Lusetti
Wow, cool like fresh wind nowadays!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 3:42 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:59 PM Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Everybody,
> >

> Hello, pico.dev and Bob!
>

> > Here's a preview of the new look of the documentation, thanks to
> pico.dev:
> >
> >     http://tapestry.apache.org/class-reloadingv2.html
> >
> > There are still some small fixes being worked on, but overall I think
> > it's looking very good. Probably the whole site will be switched over
> > in the next few days, unless somebody objects.
> >

> It's looking great! The current design is functional but stylistically
> speaking it's a bit dated.
> I'll object if Bob doesn't finish this awesome work contributed by
> pico.dev!
> :D
> Thank you both very much!
>

> > On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:44 AM pico.dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > First, thanks to all persons that contributed to the recent 5.5.0
> > release.
> > > Nice to see new releases and future plans proposals.
> > >
> > > I have created the following issue
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2623 to update Apache
> > Tapestry
> > > website and documentation styles to resolve at least the following
> > points:
> > >
> > > * Create a more up to date website with styles more appealing.
> > > * Make the website responsive.
> > > * Fix Google Custom Search, currenty is broken.
> > > * Reorganize header menu items.
> > > * Create a footer with commons links.
> > > * Update Apache Tapestry logotype to include trademark branding
> > requirement
> > > [1] (I don't know it contnues to be a requirement). Create various
> > versions.
> > > 1. With icon, title, slogan
> > > 2. Only icon
> > >
> > > I have been talking with Bob to know how works the current site
> > generation
> > > tool and the current edition workflow. I have a quite avanced work in
> > > progress, I attached some screenshots in the issue so I hope to have a
> > > version in the following weeks. This will be my second contribution
> after
> > > after fix and update tapestry-quickstart (TAP5-2608) that has been
> > released
> > > with 5.5.0.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is not the most priority nor the main area of interest but
> is
> > > something I able to contribute. Any comments are welcome.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > pd

Massimo Lusetti

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

Andreas Ernst
Hi, look realy good, maybe the font could be smaller.

Andreas

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

bobharner
Andreas,

Smaller on desktop, or mobile?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 3:12 AM Andreas Ernst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, look realy good, maybe the font could be smaller.

Agreed on both points (and I'm looking at the desktop version here). But,
of course, I'm definitely not a designer. :)

> Andreas
>
> Am 27.04.20 um 23:14 schrieb Massimo Lusetti:
> > Wow, cool like fresh wind nowadays!
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 3:42 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Hello, pico.dev and Bob!

> >> pico.dev:

> >> It's looking great! The current design is functional but stylistically
> >> speaking it's a bit dated.
> >> I'll object if Bob doesn't finish this awesome work contributed by
> >> pico.dev!
> >> :D
> >> Thank you both very much!

> >> after

> >> is

> >> --
> >> Thiago
> >>

> --
> ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
> Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
> Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
> Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
> [hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
> www.tachyon-online.de

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

Andreas Ernst
Hi Bob,

Am 28.04.20 um 23:36 schrieb Bob Harner:
> Andreas,
>
> Smaller on desktop, or mobile?

On both.

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
[hidden email] | www.ae-online.de
www.tachyon-online.de

Re: Contribution to update Apache Tapestry website and documentation styles

pico.dev
Sorry, with a little delay this.

As you surely have seen the new look for the site is already applied. The
last main point is fix the Google Custom Search for which hope only is
necessary to add a tag in the search results page and change the search
configuration if it is necessary.

The new updated site is only the half of the work, the other half is the
new updated Apache Tapestry logotype artwork, now it has many formats and
sizes (svg, png), styles (icon + text, icon, text) and versions (for light
and dark backgrounds). So I encourage you to grab a copy and use them as
much as you can if you want.