Documentation Update

richard.hensley
I've made a patch to the upgrade.xml documentation. I would like to view
them before I submit the patch, how do I build and view the documentation?

How to generate Tapestry documentation

Howard Lewis Ship
Need to get SVN latest on xml.apache.org's Forrest. It's SVN location
is http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk

I'm using revision 155818 (which is a snapshot several months out of date).

You then build Forrest.  There's a README.

Next, set the FORREST_HOME environment variable to point at the project, i.e.

FORREST_HOME='c:\workspace\forrest'

You can then to ant "ant site" to build the documentation.  For
Tapestry, this takes a while.

Once you've built the site once, you can take a shortcut, and run "ant
live-site" instead.  This copies changes forrest XML files into place
and runs Jetty + Cocoon to render the pages live, open a browser to
http://localhost:8888

If you make changes to source, use "ant
copy-documentation-to-composite" to update the files seen by Forrest.
I have this set up as an Eclipse external tool, so I usually just
click one toolbar button.

On 5/12/05, Hensley, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've made a patch to the upgrade.xml documentation. I would like to view
> them before I submit the patch, how do I build and view the documentation?

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com