Quantcast

Embeding PDF document in Tapestry4 page

Mukesh Chandra
Hi

I want to embed a PDF file (generated dynamically) in a Tapestry 4 page.

Can you help me in this effort?

Regards
Mukesh Chandra

________________________________

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

Re: Embeding PDF document in Tapestry4 page

Ivano Luberti
Hi Mukesh, Tapestry 4 is not suppported anymore but I personally still
have to manage some applications written with that version and in one of
those I wrote a service that outputs a PDF.

Basically you have to write a service and set the response type to
application/pdf

Ti make the user abel to download the PDF you have to build a link with
paramters, the link invokes the service and pass the params to it, the
service builds the PDF and put it in the response. The effect is to open
a new tab in the client browser with the PDF displayed.

Now I'm pretty busy but I can send you some source code later.

Il 24/11/2016 10:17, Mukesh Chandra ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I want to embed a PDF file (generated dynamically) in a Tapestry 4 page.
>
> Can you help me in this effort?
>

> Regards
> Mukesh Chandra
>

> ________________________________
>
> NOTICE:
> This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-8932061
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: Embeding PDF document in Tapestry4 page

Ivano Luberti
Hi Mukesh, I have put some instructions on how to build a service to
output a PDF in this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnpq2tq58drbdn0/Tapestry4Pdf.zip?dl=0

I have extrapolated from my code, so is not working code, only
instructions of necessary steps: service creation, configuration,
building link to invoke it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Il 24/11/2016 10:17, Mukesh Chandra ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I want to embed a PDF file (generated dynamically) in a Tapestry 4 page.
>
> Can you help me in this effort?
>

> Regards
> Mukesh Chandra
>

> ________________________________
>
> NOTICE:
> This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-8932061
web: www.archicoop.it

RE: Embeding PDF document in Tapestry4 page

Mukesh Chandra
Thanks Ivano!

I can generate the pdf in a separate window but I am striving to show the same in the same window. My page has some HTML controls. I want the PDF to be displayed after those.

Regards
Mukesh Chandra

Hi Mukesh, I have put some instructions on how to build a service to output a PDF in this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnpq2tq58drbdn0/Tapestry4Pdf.zip?dl=0

I have extrapolated from my code, so is not working code, only instructions of necessary steps: service creation, configuration, building link to invoke it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Il 24/11/2016 10:17, Mukesh Chandra ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I want to embed a PDF file (generated dynamically) in a Tapestry 4 page.
>
> Can you help me in this effort?
>

> Regards
> Mukesh Chandra
>

> ________________________________
>
> NOTICE:
> This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-8932061
web: www.archicoop.it

________________________________

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.

Re: Embeding PDF document in Tapestry4 page

Ivano Luberti
Never tried this but I guess using the link as the source of an IFRAME
should work, doesn't it?

Il 24/11/2016 14:44, Mukesh Chandra ha scritto:

> Thanks Ivano!
>
> I can generate the pdf in a separate window but I am striving to show the same in the same window. My page has some HTML controls. I want the PDF to be displayed after those.
>
> Regards
> Mukesh Chandra

nquirynen
In that case I think you could take a look at the pdf.js library
(https://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/) and make your own Tapestry component
that uses this javascript library. I'm not familiar with Tapestry 4
though, but that's how I would do it with Tapestry5

Nathan