Quantcast

File Handling and Buffer Handling

Charith Madusanka
Hi!

In T5 API,  Is there any File Handling and Buffer Handling
 classes...........?

charith

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Donny Nadolny-2
What are you trying to do? If it's just normal reading / writing of
files, check out the FileUtils class in Commons IO:
http://commons.apache.org/io/api-1.4/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils.html
For input and output streams,
http://commons.apache.org/io/api-1.4/org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils.html

If you need to return a file from tapestry, you need to change the
return type of your method to
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/StreamResponse.html
and you can stream whatever you like.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Charith Madusanka
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In T5 API,  Is there any File Handling and Buffer Handling
>  classes...........?
>
> charith

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Charith Madusanka
Hi Donny,

I want to do randomly access a file and I was already use
java.io.RandomAccessFile class . I'm looking T5 class ....... I think
your comment help to me.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Donny Nadolny <[hidden email]>wrote:

> What are you trying to do? If it's just normal reading / writing of
> files, check out the FileUtils class in Commons IO:
> http://commons.apache.org/io/api-1.4/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils.html
> For input and output streams,
> http://commons.apache.org/io/api-1.4/org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils.html
>
> If you need to return a file from tapestry, you need to change the
> return type of your method to
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/StreamResponse.html
> and you can stream whatever you like.
>
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Charith Madusanka
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In T5 API,  Is there any File Handling and Buffer Handling
> >  classes...........?
> >
> > charith

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:22:03 -0300, Charith Madusanka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Donny,

Hi!

> I want to do randomly access a file and I was already use
> java.io.RandomAccessFile class . I'm looking T5 class ....... I think
> your comment help to me.

Why do you need random access in a file for? Tapestry-Core is a web
framework and Tapestry-IoC is an IoC container, so they ave no need to
provide this kind of feature.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Charith Madusanka
Hi Thiago!

> Why do you need random access in a file for? Tapestry-Core is a web
> framework and Tapestry-IoC is an IoC container, so they ave no need to
> provide this kind of feature.

I want to render pdf file to images. I'm working with
https://pdf-renderer.dev.java.net/ library therefore I need File Handling
and Buffer Handling  classes in T5 API.

charith

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:02:06 -0300, Charith Madusanka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thiago!

Hi, Charith!

> I want to render pdf file to images. I'm working with
> https://pdf-renderer.dev.java.net/ library therefore I need File Handling
> and Buffer Handling  classes in T5 API.

You don't really need file handling nor buffer handling classes in
Tapestry: just use the Java ones. Anyway, you don't need to worry with
files nor buffering in your component: handle files in memory only. Make
your component receive the PDF file to be rendered as an InputStream. Most
probably the PDF renderer already buffers input.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Charith Madusanka
Hi Thiago!

> You don't really need file handling nor buffer handling classes in
> Tapestry: just use the Java ones. Anyway, you don't need to worry with files
> nor buffering in your component: handle files in memory only. Make your
> component receive the PDF file to be rendered as an InputStream. Most
> probably the PDF renderer already buffers input.

Thank your comment.
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/InputStream.html using
this class is ok?

charith

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:04:42 -0300, Charith Madusanka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thiago!

Hi!

> Thank your comment.
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/InputStream.html
> using this class is ok?

Yes.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Charith Madusanka
Hi Thiago!,

I also use java.awt.Rectangle, java.awt.image.BufferedImage  packages for my
code ... is it ok?

charith

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:04:42 -0300, Charith Madusanka <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi Thiago!
>>

> Hi!
>

>  Thank your comment.
>> http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/InputStream.htmlusing this class is ok?
>>

> Yes.

> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
> and instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 00:35:18 -0300, Charith Madusanka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thiago!,

Hi!

> I also use java.awt.Rectangle, java.awt.image.BufferedImage  packages
> for my code ... is it ok?

As long as you're dealing with images, it is ok.

and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: File Handling and Buffer Handling

Michael Gentry-2
You may need/want to add a -Djava.awt.headless=true to your startup, too.

mrg