Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.

Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.

mr nobody
This post was updated on .
Hi,

In one of my environments I am facing this problem: Forms require that the
request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.

Any idea about what may causes this problem?

I am using 5.4-beta-22.

Thank you,

Rob Pi

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.

bobharner
This probably deserves to be added to Tapestry's FAQ page. It's quite
common with Tapestry apps.

If your app is on a publicly site then it is a common result of bots
crawling your site and submitting any forms that they finds. If it isn't on
a public site then it may be a browser (e.g. certain versions of Safari)
submitting the form as part of its auto-complete logic or cache-ahead
functionality. Or it could be from someone using browser developer tools to
manually convert POST forms to GET, just to see what would happen. There
are probably a few other causes as well.

In all the scenarios I'm aware of, these errors are harmless and you
probably don't want them logged. That's not too hard. I've used the
solution described here with success:

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Robson Pires <[hidden email]>

> In one of my environments I am facing this problem: Forms require that the
> request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.
>
> Any idea about what causes of this problem?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rob Pi

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have values.

bobharner
I added this solution to the FAQ:

https://tapestry.apache.org/specific-errors-faq.html

If anyone has a better solution (until TAP5-1733 is fixed), please share...