Quantcast

Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to address that issue.
Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want to include?

Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Marvin Monroe
That blocker maybe?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2391
The last comment makes it seem as if the fix would be a simple one-liner.

> Am 08.03.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to address that issue.
> Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want to include?
>
> Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I haven't
finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's weekend. Jochen,
if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later. Also, thank you
very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>

> due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to
> address that issue.
> Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want to
> include?
>
> Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

Am 08.03.2017 um 15:45 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I haven't
> finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's weekend. Jochen,
> if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later.

You want to do that for 5.4.x? Well, take your time. I'd like to call
the vote over the 5.4.2 release by the end of March.

 > Also, thank you very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)

I pushed the code to master for inspection. I'll probably merge it into
5.4.x in about 2 weeks if nobody objects.

Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 finished and committed to
both 5.4.2 and 5.5 (master). Feedback welcome!

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I
> haven't finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's weekend.
> Jochen, if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later. Also,
> thank you very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to
>> address that issue.
>> Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want
>> to include?
>>
>> Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Great. I just merged the tapestry-json changes into the 5.4.x branch.
I'll probably start a vote tomorrow.

Am 19.03.2017 um 21:59 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 finished and committed to
> both 5.4.2 and 5.5 (master). Feedback welcome!
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I
>> haven't finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's weekend.
>> Jochen, if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later. Also,
>> thank you very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to
>>> address that issue.
>>> Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want
>>> to include?
>>>
>>> Jochen

>> Thiago

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Am 19.03.2017 um 21:59 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 finished and committed to
> both 5.4.2 and 5.5 (master). Feedback welcome!

./gradlew tapestry-beanvalidator:test --tests
org.apache.tapestry5.beanvalidator.integration.TapestryBeanValidationIntegrationTests.nested_object_validation

fails with a client-side error: dom.wrap(id).trigger is not a function

> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I
>> haven't finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's weekend.
>> Jochen, if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later. Also,
>> thank you very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> due to TAP5-2575 we'll probably have to release 5.4.2 soon. I'll try to
>>> address that issue.
>>> Is there anything we want to pick from master? Or anything else we want
>>> to include?
>>>
>>> Jochen

>> Thiago

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

Am 20.03.2017 um 09:53 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
> Am 19.03.2017 um 21:59 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 finished and committed to
>> both 5.4.2 and 5.5 (master). Feedback welcome!
>
> ./gradlew tapestry-beanvalidator:test --tests
> org.apache.tapestry5.beanvalidator.integration.TapestryBeanValidationIntegrationTests.nested_object_validation

tapestry-core:testWithPrototype also fails.

I'd like to get 5.4.2 by this weekend. Thiago, can you please fix or
revert TAP5-2225 in the 5.4.x branch?

Thanks,
Jochen

> fails with a client-side error: dom.wrap(id).trigger is not a function
>

>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I
>>> haven't finished yet. I was planning to work on this next week's
>>> weekend.
>>> Jochen, if you want to go ahead, I can make another release later. Also,
>>> thank you very, very much for taking TAP5-2575. :)
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jochen Kemnade
>>> <[hidden email]>

>>> --
>>> Thiago

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Hello, Jochen!

I'll  try to take a look and fix them before the weekend. If not, feel free
to revert it in the 5.4.x branch.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>

> Am 20.03.2017 um 09:53 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>
>> Am 19.03.2017 um 21:59 schrieb Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 finished and committed
>>> both 5.4.2 and 5.5 (master). Feedback welcome!
>>>

>> ./gradlew tapestry-beanvalidator:test --tests
>> org.apache.tapestry5.beanvalidator.integration.TapestryBeanV
>> alidationIntegrationTests.nested_object_validation
>>

> tapestry-core:testWithPrototype also fails.
>
> I'd like to get 5.4.2 by this weekend. Thiago, can you please fix or
> revert TAP5-2225 in the 5.4.x branch?
>
> Thanks,
> Jochen
>

>> fails with a client-side error: dom.wrap(id).trigger is not a function
>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've started https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2225 but I

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Thiago,

I've had a look at the new code and here's what I've found so far:

The @PublishEvent JavaDoc is misleading:
It says that the event handler method is "to be called in JavaScript through the t5/core/triggerServerEvent function", but there is no such function.

An ElementWrapper (e.g. dom.body or dom('#foo')) passed as `element` is not handled correctly by getEventUrl. You should probably add
if element instanceof ElementWrapper
  element = element.element

Shouldn't dom.getEventUrl throw or at least warn if it cannot determine the url for the event, e.g. if you forget to add the @PublishEvent annotation?

Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Btw.: Are there any tests for the new feature or just the demo page?

----- On Mar 24, 2017, at 9:03 AM, Jochen Kemnade [hidden email] wrote:

> Thiago,
>
> I've had a look at the new code and here's what I've found so far:
>
> The @PublishEvent JavaDoc is misleading:
> It says that the event handler method is "to be called in JavaScript through the
> t5/core/triggerServerEvent function", but there is no such function.
>
> An ElementWrapper (e.g. dom.body or dom('#foo')) passed as `element` is not
> handled correctly by getEventUrl. You should probably add
> if element instanceof ElementWrapper
>  element = element.element
>
> Shouldn't dom.getEventUrl throw or at least warn if it cannot determine the url
> for the event, e.g. if you forget to add the @PublishEvent annotation?
>
> Jochen

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Jochen Kemnade <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thiago,

Hello!

> I've had a look at the new code and here's what I've found so far:
>
> The @PublishEvent JavaDoc is misleading:
> It says that the event handler method is "to be called in JavaScript
> through the t5/core/triggerServerEvent function", but there is no such
> function.

Oh, the annotation was the first thing I've wrote for this ticket and my
idea of what the JS API at the time for this would be. I'll fix this.

> An ElementWrapper (e.g. dom.body or dom('#foo')) passed as `element` is
> not handled correctly by getEventUrl. You should probably add
> if element instanceof ElementWrapper
>   element = element.element

Good catch! Thanks!

> Shouldn't dom.getEventUrl throw or at least warn if it cannot determine
> the url for the event, e.g. if you forget to add the @PublishEvent
> annotation?

Right now it returns null. Well, another good idea. :) Or maybe we could
leave the say it is and let the caller handle null values and properly
document this

The code I've wrote so far doesn't have automated tests, but the demo page
is actually a test: notice the Expected and the Value columns. They should
match for each row.

Did you create 5.4.2 with or without this feature?

Thank you very much!

Re: Getting ready for 5.4.2

Jochen Kemnade-3
Hi,

----- On Mar 24, 2017, at 1:25 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo [hidden email] wrote:
>> Shouldn't dom.getEventUrl throw or at least warn if it cannot determine
>> the url for the event, e.g. if you forget to add the @PublishEvent
>> annotation?
>>

> Right now it returns null. Well, another good idea. :) Or maybe we could
> leave the say it is and let the caller handle null values and properly
> document this

I think it is an error case and it should throw or warn. I usually try to adhere to the convention that if methods are named get*, it is an error if there is nothing to get, as opposed to find*.

> The code I've wrote so far doesn't have automated tests, but the demo page
> is actually a test: notice the Expected and the Value columns. They should
> match for each row.

I'd appreciate if you added some tests.

> Did you create 5.4.2 with or without this feature?

5.4.2 includes the feature in its current state.

Cheers,
Jochen