Hivemind for engine, visit and global definition

Hivemind for engine, visit and global definition

Andreas Andreou-4
Hi,
I would like to know your views on
making Tapestry forward the creation of engine, visit and global
instances to hivemind.
I've done a bit of a search and haven't found any configuration
points for these, so I guess that it's not currently supported.

There may be other ways around this, but it seems useful
to have your visit's dependencies injected.

Andreas Andreou

Re: Hivemind for engine, visit and global definition

Andreas Andreou-4
grrrr...
for visit and global i just saw:
@deprecated To be removed in 4.1. Application state objects can now be injected.

What about engine?

> Hi,
> I would like to know your views on
> making Tapestry forward the creation of engine, visit and global
> instances to hivemind.
> I've done a bit of a search and haven't found any configuration
> points for these, so I guess that it's not currently supported.
>
> There may be other ways around this, but it seems useful
> to have your visit's dependencies injected.
>
> Andreas Andreou

Re: Hivemind for engine, visit and global definition

Howard Lewis Ship
It's going in a different direction, where there's not much need to ever
subclass BaseEngine.

> grrrr...
> for visit and global i just saw:
> @deprecated To be removed in 4.1. Application state objects can now be
> injected.
>
> What about engine?
>
> > Hi,
> > I would like to know your views on
> > making Tapestry forward the creation of engine, visit and global
> > instances to hivemind.
> > I've done a bit of a search and haven't found any configuration
> > points for these, so I guess that it's not currently supported.
> >
> > There may be other ways around this, but it seems useful
> > to have your visit's dependencies injected.
> >
> > Andreas Andreou

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com