How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

Emmanuel Sowah
Hi all,

Geoff Longman, our Spindle man and former Tapestry commiter has written an
article on how to integrate Google Web Toolkit into a generated Tapestry
page.
http://www.cleancode.com/blog/2006/12/13/glongman/gwt-article/

Enjoy.
Emmanuel

Re: How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

Jessek
Awesome! Thanks for the link. I was worried/wondering how hard this
was for tap users and now I remember Geoff's work. Maybe we should add
a link to the home page referencing gwt support via this article.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

mad7777
Hi,

I'd just like to revive this thread.  Has anybody had any good/bad experiences integrating Tapestry and GWT?  I am especially interested in T5, as we are considering using this mix for an enterprise application.

Thanks for your input,
Marc

Jessek wrote

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

neo anderson
I follow this article - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-ajaxcypal/?S_TACT=105AGX52&S_CMP=cn-a-os
and http://www.cleancode.com/downloads/gwt-article/ to integrate GWT with tapestry.

The library I use include tapestry 4.0.2; GWT 1.4.60; Eclipse EE; Cypal Studio plugin RC4.

Now I can use Cypal + Eclpise to produce GWT project. However, whilst following the instruction from http://www.cleancode.com/downloads/gwt-article/, It fails. I move the FirstModule.html (in the instruction it is MortgageCalc.html) to the webapp/ and add meta info to xxx.application. This step I think it works because from the browser I can found the FirstModule.html is generated with Title replaced  by tag coded in the FirstModule.html. Unfortunately, it looks like that the the page can not recognized GWT components even I add "<meta name='gwt:module' ccontent='/taepstry-gwt=com.sample.client.FirstModule'>" (FirstModule is the Java class exactly the same as IBM tutorial instructs.) The browser simply generate blank page (html code exists) because in the IBM tutorial only contains table html tag.

So the structure of my project should looks like

tapestry-gwt
src/com/sample/client/FirstModule (.java)
webapp/web-inf/tapestry-gwt.application
webapp/FirstModule.html

What should I do in order to get tapestry+gwt works?

Thank you very much.

Code:
=====FirstModule.java BEG =====
package com.sample.client;

import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Button;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ClickListener;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Label;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget;

public class FirstModule implements EntryPoint {

         int count = 0;

            public void onModuleLoad() {
                final Button button = new Button("Count Your Clicks!");
                final Label label = new Label(String.valueOf(count));
                button.addClickListener(new ClickListener() {
                    public void onClick(Widget sender) {
                        count += 1;
                        label.setText(String.valueOf(count));
                    }
                });
                RootPanel.get("button").add(button);
                RootPanel.get("count").add(label);

===== FirstModule.java END =====

===== FirstModule.html BEG =====
        <head>

                <title>Wrapper HTML for FirstModule</title>

                <script language='javascript' src='/tapestry-gwt/nocache.js'></script>
        </head>

                <iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" style="width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>

===== FirstModule.html END =====

===== tapestry-gwt.application BEG =====
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN" "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd"
<application name="tapestry-gwt">
        <library id="Contrib" specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
</application>
===== tapestry-gwt.application END =====

Jessek wrote

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: How to Intergrate GWT into Tapestry pages Article by Geoff Longman

neo anderson
Do you use Eclipse? After searching around on the internet, I think Cypal plugins is good enough for using gwt. Then you can keep tapestry stuff as it were because Cypal plugin will copy html to the place of web context. Yet the tapestry version I use is version 4.0.2 not 5.

mad7777 wrote