How to Make Localization Immeditately ?

Andy Chu
Dear All,

In the workbench example, there is a localization example. The localization
will take effect at the page next to the localization selection page. Is
there any approach to make the localization effect take place immediately ?

I tried redirecting the current page from a temp page on its pageEndRender
method. Unfortunately, I get fail.

Best wishes, Andy

--
我是天空裡的一片雲
偶爾投影在妳的波心

----偶然.徐志摩

RE: How to Make Localization Immeditately ?

Rigmor Ukuhe

[Rigmor Ukuhe] For me following seems to work

I got DirectLink to method where i do:

getEngine().setLocale(specified locale);
getPage().getRequestCycle().cleanup();
throw new PageRedirectException(....

Rigmor Ukuhe

> Best wishes, Andy
>
> --
> 我是天空�e的一片�
> 偶��投影在��的波心
>
> ----偶然.徐志摩

Re: How to Make Localization Immeditately ?

Tapestry doesn't support this; the detail are discussed in the Tapestry In
Action book.

In my lab classes, one lab is about creating a component and a matching
engine service used to change the locale without switching pages.

On 5/16/05, Andy Chu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> In the workbench example, there is a localization example. The
> localization
> will take effect at the page next to the localization selection page. Is
> there any approach to make the localization effect take place immediately
> ?
>
> I tried redirecting the current page from a temp page on its pageEndRender
> method. Unfortunately, I get fail.
>
> Best wishes, Andy
>
> --
> 我是天空裡的一片雲
> 偶爾投影在妳的波心
>
> ----偶然.徐志摩

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Re: How to Make Localization Immeditately ?

Ron Piterman
I am not sure I understand what you mean, but i will give it a shot.
The should be a listener method somewhere which changes the engine's
locale AND calls cycle.active(page).
If you omit the activate() method, the same page will be rendered again,
with the new  locale "in mind"...
cheers,
Ron

????? Andy Chu: