How to change a Grid's parameter from a subclass of Grid?

How to change a Grid's parameter from a subclass of Grid?

Aleksandar Nikolov
Hi,

I extended Grid component because, among the other things, I want to
integrate a Select component for choosing 'rowsPerPage' parameter of the
Grid - for example by "10 20 50 100" rows per page values. Let's call
ExGrid extends Grid. It is 5.3.8 Tapestry version.

So far so good, but how can I change 'rowsPerPage' parameter of Grid
from inside of its subclass ExGrid?

Making that Select as external component and connect it on every ExGrid
just works (<t:exgrid .... inPlace="true"
rowsPerPage="rowsSelect.rowsNum"...), but I want to integrate it inside
ExGrid. That's became headache because I cannot change the 'rowsPerPage'
parameter from inside of ExGrid...

I believe that there should be a way to do this!

Please help!

Best regards,
Aleksandar

Re: How to change a Grid's parameter from a subclass of Grid?

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 1:24 AM Aleksandar Nikolov <[hidden email]>

Hello!

What if ExGrid uses Grid (and adds the Select you want) instead of
extending it?

> I extended Grid component because, among the other things, I want to
> integrate a Select component for choosing 'rowsPerPage' parameter of the
> Grid - for example by "10 20 50 100" rows per page values. Let's call
> ExGrid extends Grid. It is 5.3.8 Tapestry version.
>
> So far so good, but how can I change 'rowsPerPage' parameter of Grid
> from inside of its subclass ExGrid?
>
> Making that Select as external component and connect it on every ExGrid
> just works (<t:exgrid .... inPlace="true"
> rowsPerPage="rowsSelect.rowsNum"...), but I want to integrate it inside
> ExGrid. That's became headache because I cannot change the 'rowsPerPage'
> parameter from inside of ExGrid...
>
> I believe that there should be a way to do this!
>
> Please help!
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Aleksandar

Re: How to change a Grid's parameter from a subclass of Grid?

Aleksandar Nikolov
Hello,

It works this way.

First I had to extend Grid with some of my functionality, because it
needs access to the Grid's data - ExGrid, and then embed that ExGrid
with Select into another component - ExExGrid. But there has one
parasite component this way - ExGrid.

However, this is a solution (looks like the only possible), although I
think it would be much simpler if I could just change parameters inside
the components (ExGrid).

Thank you for the help!

Aleksandar