How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

mr nobody
Hi,

I have developed a Tapestry application. Inside of that application I have
a method that process the login. I would to access/call this method from
another non-tapestry application.

I've tried to access the method via ajax, exactly the way I would access
from inside of the tapestry application. The issue is, tapestry does not
recognize the request as ajax. Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

Cezary Biernacki
Hi,
Tapestry recognises AJAX requests on server side by inspecting the
"X-Requested-With" header. It must have the "XMLHttpRequest" value.

See
https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/master/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/RequestImpl.java#L170

The header is automatically added by jQuery or Prototype.js used by
Tapestry's client side codes, so if you are not using jQuery,
you need to add this header yourself.
See: https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/master/src/ajax/xhr.js#L53

Best regards,
Cezary

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:28 PM Rbsn Lbk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have developed a Tapestry application. Inside of that application I have
> a method that process the login. I would to access/call this method from
> another non-tapestry application.
>
> I've tried to access the method via ajax, exactly the way I would access
> from inside of the tapestry application. The issue is, tapestry does not
> recognize the request as ajax. Any idea how to solve this?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

Eugen
is Your method exposed as event? Or You have a CORS exception? What is the
error on client side?

Regards
Eugen

Rbsn Lbk <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 4. Sep. 2019, 21:28:

> Hi,
>
> I have developed a Tapestry application. Inside of that application I have
> a method that process the login. I would to access/call this method from
> another non-tapestry application.
>
> I've tried to access the method via ajax, exactly the way I would access
> from inside of the tapestry application. The issue is, tapestry does not
> recognize the request as ajax. Any idea how to solve this?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

mr nobody
Amazing! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!

--
Robson Pires
M.Sc. Information Technology
Web Developer
Phone +49 171 5873669

Re: How to provide a tapestry method to be access from another application?

Qbyte Consulting
Another approach is to export the logic of the login process to a separate service and have both client applications call it.

John

Sent from my iPhone