I'm back!

Kalle Korhonen-2
Hi all,

just wanted to say hello as I'm back working on Tapestry & Tynamo, at least
for a fleeting moment! It all started when I was brought to steward an
unruly, JSP-based(!) codebase that used Spring ACL as its security
framework. With a few tens of thousand of data rows and a complex security
rules, the ACL join tables were starting to push several millions of rows,
all handled post data query and it was starting to show. So, I figured I'll
dig up some old code (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security-jpa+guide/)
to show how this could be rewritten properly, and the next thing I know,
I've been writing a whole next generation proof-of-concept application in
Tapestry :)

While we are still in Java land, there's a lot to like about Tapestry,
obviously with it's code auto reloading and the sane approach to dependency
injection, but also pseudo nested transactions (the whole transaction
handling is so much more sensible than in Spring) and simple JAX-RS
integration. On that note, one of the new modules I published was a swagger
integration for tapestry-resteasy. Overall, this weekend saw releases of no
less than seven Tynamo modules, all updated to work with Tapestry 5.5:
tapestry-conversations 0.3.0
tapestry-jpa-seedentity 0.2.0
tapestry-security 0.8.0
tapestry-security-jpa 0.2.0
tapestry-resteasy 0.6.0
tapestry-resteasy-swagger 0.0.2
tynamo-test 0.2.1

You may check out the updated documentation at http://www.tynamo.org/ as
always. I'll post a few announcements as time allows.

Kalle

Re: I'm back!

Massimo Lusetti
Welcome back Kalle! Glad to hear from you!

Massimo Lusetti

Re: I'm back!

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 5:27 PM Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,

Hello!

> just wanted to say hello as I'm back working on Tapestry & Tynamo, at least
> for a fleeting moment!

Welcome back! So happy to see more development done on Tynamo, specially
Tapestry Security!

> It all started when I was brought to steward an
> unruly, JSP-based(!) codebase that used Spring ACL as its security
> framework. With a few tens of thousand of data rows and a complex security
> rules, the ACL join tables were starting to push several millions of rows,
> all handled post data query and it was starting to show. So, I figured I'll
> dig up some old code (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security-jpa+guide/)
> to show how this could be rewritten properly, and the next thing I know,
> I've been writing a whole next generation proof-of-concept application in
> Tapestry :)
>
> While we are still in Java land, there's a lot to like about Tapestry,
> obviously with it's code auto reloading and the sane approach to dependency
> injection, but also pseudo nested transactions (the whole transaction
> handling is so much more sensible than in Spring) and simple JAX-RS
> integration. On that note, one of the new modules I published was a swagger
> integration for tapestry-resteasy. Overall, this weekend saw releases of no
> less than seven Tynamo modules, all updated to work with Tapestry 5.5:
> tapestry-conversations 0.3.0
> tapestry-jpa-seedentity 0.2.0
> tapestry-security 0.8.0
> tapestry-security-jpa 0.2.0
> tapestry-resteasy 0.6.0
> tapestry-resteasy-swagger 0.0.2
> tynamo-test 0.2.1
>
> You may check out the updated documentation at http://www.tynamo.org/ as
> always. I'll post a few announcements as time allows.
>
> Kalle

Re: I'm back!

Welcome back!

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 1:27 PM Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just wanted to say hello as I'm back working on Tapestry & Tynamo, at least
> for a fleeting moment! It all started when I was brought to steward an
> unruly, JSP-based(!) codebase that used Spring ACL as its security
> framework. With a few tens of thousand of data rows and a complex security
> rules, the ACL join tables were starting to push several millions of rows,
> all handled post data query and it was starting to show. So, I figured I'll
> dig up some old code (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security-jpa+guide/)
> to show how this could be rewritten properly, and the next thing I know,
> I've been writing a whole next generation proof-of-concept application in
> Tapestry :)
>
> While we are still in Java land, there's a lot to like about Tapestry,
> obviously with it's code auto reloading and the sane approach to dependency
> injection, but also pseudo nested transactions (the whole transaction
> handling is so much more sensible than in Spring) and simple JAX-RS
> integration. On that note, one of the new modules I published was a swagger
> integration for tapestry-resteasy. Overall, this weekend saw releases of no
> less than seven Tynamo modules, all updated to work with Tapestry 5.5:
> tapestry-conversations 0.3.0
> tapestry-jpa-seedentity 0.2.0
> tapestry-security 0.8.0
> tapestry-security-jpa 0.2.0
> tapestry-resteasy 0.6.0
> tapestry-resteasy-swagger 0.0.2
> tynamo-test 0.2.1
>
> You may check out the updated documentation at http://www.tynamo.org/ as
> always. I'll post a few announcements as time allows.
>
> Kalle

Senior Mobile Developer at Walmart Labs

(971) 678-5210
http://lewisship.net <http://howardlewisship.com>