Illegal field modifiers in class ...: 0x12

Illegal field modifiers in class ...: 0x12

slqiTapestry
Hello,

I was just upgrade my Tapestry app from Tapestry 5.2.6 to 5.3.8 when I noticed this error on start up:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal field modifiers in class ... : 0x12

Moving the interface to a different package fixed the issue. But I'm not sure that it's the good issue..

Nicolas

Re: Illegal field modifiers in class ...: 0x12

nquirynen
Hey,

In what package was the interface originally? Because Tapestry does
bytecode rewriting in some defined packages; I know it does in package
"components". So this might be what is happening and then it is true
that the interface should be moved outside of this package.

Nathan

On 08/06/16 09:41, Lherm Nicolas wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I was just upgrade my Tapestry app from Tapestry 5.2.6 to 5.3.8 when I noticed this error on start up:
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal field modifiers in class ... : 0x12
>
> Moving the interface to a different package fixed the issue. But I'm not sure that it's the good issue..
>
> Nicolas

Re: Illegal field modifiers in class ...: 0x12

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 06:06:13 -0300, Nathan Quirynen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,

Hi!

> In what package was the interface originally? Because Tapestry does
> bytecode rewriting in some defined packages; I know it does in package
> "components".

Packages components, pages, base and mixins, to be complete. :)

> So this might be what is happening and then it is true that the
> interface should be moved outside of this package.

Exactly.
Nothing that isn't a component should be in the components package.
Nothing that isn't a page should be in the pages package.
Nothing that isn't a mixin should be in the mixins package.
Nothing that isn't a abstract superclass for other base, component, page
or mixin classes should be in the base package.

RE: Illegal field modifiers in class ...: 0x12

slqiTapestry
Hi,

This is the original error :

java.lang.ClassFormatError

Illegal field modifiers in class fr/msa/agora/bt1tarif/websaisi/base/XhrSensitiveBlocItf: 0x12

XhrSensitiveBlocItf.java is an interface which is in the package "base", when I put it in internal it works.

Is it the right solution to fix this problem because I will have to change the location of full classes ?

Thanks.

Nicolas

________________________________
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,

Hi!

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 05:44:49 -0300, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> XhrSensitiveBlocItf.java is an interface which is in the package "base",
> when I put it in internal it works.

The base package is also controlled by Tapestry and anything inside it has
its bytecode rewritten.

> Is it the right solution to fix this problem because I will have to
> change the location of full classes ?

Yes! :) Nothing a good IDE cannot do for you very easily.