Quantcast

Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

12

Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Geoff Callender-2
Everyone,

Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it
works for some people and not for others.

The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
row"...

        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
        http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
Windows, and what country you are in.

Hopefully there's a pattern.

Thanks,

Geoff

P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console
shows this kind of thing:

# Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form
field's element.
# Ajax failure: Status 500 for /jumpstart/examples/tables/
ajaxformlooptailored1
.ajaxformloop
.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?
t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/
AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit: The rendered
content did not include any elements that allow for the positioning of
the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

hilco
2009/7/16 Geoff Callender <[hidden email]>:
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1

Does not work.

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Works.

I'm at work behind a proxy (although not everything is proxied so I
can't be sure), WinXP, Canada.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Sven Homburg
It doesnt works, if you turn off the cookies

with regards
Sven Homburg
Founder of the Chenille Kit Project
http://www.chenillekit.org

2009/7/17 Geoff Callender <[hidden email]>:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works for
> some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a row"...
>

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>
> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and include
> whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is Windows, and what
> country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console shows
> this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not include
> any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form field's
> element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
> positioning of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Sven Homburg
Ok, more detailed:

if youre Browser points the the page, and you clear all cookies hosted
by your browser,
the AjaxFormLoop failes after add a row to the form..

2009/7/17 Sven Homburg <[hidden email]>:

> It doesnt works, if you turn off the cookies
>
> with regards
> Sven Homburg
> Founder of the Chenille Kit Project
> http://www.chenillekit.org
>

> 2009/7/17 Geoff Callender <[hidden email]>:
>> Everyone,
>>
>> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works for
>> some people and not for others.
>>
>> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a row"...
>>

>>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>>
>>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>>
>> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and include
>> whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is Windows, and what
>> country you are in.
>>
>> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console shows
>> this kind of thing:
>>
>> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not include
>> any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form field's
>> element.
>> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
>> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
>> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
>> positioning of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Pete Poulos
Both versions work for me.
I am on Win XP.
No proxy.
Cookies are enabled.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Geoff
Callender<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works for
> some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a row"...
>

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>
> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and include
> whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is Windows, and what
> country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console shows
> this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not include
> any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form field's
> element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
> positioning of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

hilco
2009/7/16 Geoff Callender <[hidden email]>:
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1

Both work, with or without cookies. First time or otherwise. I'm using Firefox.

I'm running Gentoo Linux, no proxy, Canada.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Robert Zeigler
Both work: FF, OS X, USA, no proxy.
Tried with cookies, and with explicitly blocking cookies (and all
cookies cleared) from jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au

Cheers,

Robert

PS: this sounds like: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-733

On Jul 16, 2009, at 7/167:08 PM , Geoff Callender wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it
> works for some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
> row"...
>
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>
> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
> include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
> Windows, and what country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird
> console shows this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden
> form field's element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for /jumpstart/examples/tables/
> ajaxformlooptailored1
> .ajaxformloop
> .rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?
> t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/
> AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit: The rendered
> content did not include any elements that allow for the positioning
> of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Peter Stavrinides
First one works, second not, no proxy FF3 in Cyprus.

Peter

Tried with cookies, and with explicitly blocking cookies (and all
cookies cleared) from jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au

Cheers,

Robert

PS: this sounds like: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-733

On Jul 16, 2009, at 7/167:08 PM , Geoff Callender wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it
> works for some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
> row"...
>
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>
> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
> include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
> Windows, and what country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird
> console shows this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden
> form field's element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for /jumpstart/examples/tables/
> ajaxformlooptailored1
> .ajaxformloop
> .rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?
> t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/
> AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit: The rendered
> content did not include any elements that allow for the positioning
> of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Koka Kiknadze
Both work in Georgia (not the US one):

kubuntu 9.04

FF 3.0.11

Konqueror  (worked with cookies disabled)

RE: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

AndyB
Neither work for me on FF3.0.11, XP, Proxy from the UK.

Juan E. Maya
First one:
Add and remove don't work

Second one:
Works fine

Firefox 3.5, Leopard, No Proxy from Germany

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Blower,
Andy<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Neither work for me on FF3.0.11, XP, Proxy from the UK.

Felix Gonschorek-2
both work

cookies enabled, ff 3.0.11, ubuntu 9.04, germany, no proxy

Geoff Callender schrieb:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works
> for some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
> row"...
>
>     http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>
>     http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>

> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
> include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
> Windows, and what country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console
> shows this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form
> field's element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
> positioning of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Jonathan Barker
Both work.

Safari 4.0.1 and FF3 on Mac OSX NAT but no proxy, Canada.

Jonathan Barker
ITStrategic

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Jakub Vlasak
Both are working

Firefox 3.5 and also IE6, WinXP, proxy, Slovakia

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Jonathan
Barker<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Both work.
>
> Safari 4.0.1 and FF3 on Mac OSX NAT but no proxy, Canada.
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Geoff Callender <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Everyone,
>>
>> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works
>> for some people and not for others.
>>
>> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
>> row"...
>>

>> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>>
>> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>>
>> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and include
>> whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is Windows, and what
>> country you are in.
>>
>> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console shows
>> this kind of thing:
>>
>> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
>> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form
>> field's element.
>> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
>> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
>> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
>> positioning of the hidden form field's element.
>>

> --
> Jonathan Barker
> ITStrategic

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
Works on Opera 9.64
Works on Firefox 3.5

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
Works on Opera 9.64
Works on Firefox 3.5

All tests using Linux from Brazil without a proxy.

http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Erick Erickson
Both work for me.
Chrome: 2.0.172.33
Windows XP
USA
No proxy

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Markus Joschko
both work. With and without cookies.

Firefox 3.0.11
Ubuntu 04.09
Germany
No proxy

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Erick Erickson<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Both work for me.
> Chrome: 2.0.172.33
> Windows XP
> USA
> No proxy

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Geoff Callender-2
To everyone who hasn't tried the experiment yet, can you give it a try
now? That would be fabulous.  It takes one minute, and it's described
in the e-mail below.

To those have replied already, many thanks.

Does anyone have a theory of the cause yet?  I don't, because I still
can't see a pattern.

A summary:
- For most, neither fails. For a few, the first example fails.  For a
few others, the second example fails.  For one, both failed.
- Proxies don't seem to be the cause, because there is one failure
reported without a proxy.
- Country does not yet seem to be involved, which probably rules out
locales, character sets, and latency.
- Windows is not the cause, because there is one failure with OS X
Leopard.

Cheers,

Geoff

It mostly occurs when a proxy is involved, but there is only one
report of a problem without a proxy. Proxies don' seem to be involved
(although only one failure has been reported

On 17/07/2009, at 10:08 AM, Geoff Callender wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it
> works for some people and not for others.
>
> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
> row"...
>
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>
> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and
> include whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is
> Windows, and what country you are in.
>
> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird
> console shows this kind of thing:
>
> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden
> form field's element.
> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for /jumpstart/examples/tables/
> ajaxformlooptailored1
> .ajaxformloop
> .rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?
> t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/
> AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit: The rendered
> content did not include any elements that allow for the positioning
> of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Sven Homburg
I try it some more time!

if i point my browser to your links, do some normal action, all is fine.
BUT!

if i delete all my session cookies and do the same actions again, i
get an exception.
i think, because i had the same problem whith some chnillekit components,
that the JSESSION parameter is added to the Event URL and breaks its behavior.

hope it helps

2009/7/18 Geoff Callender <[hidden email]>:

> To everyone who hasn't tried the experiment yet, can you give it a try now?
> That would be fabulous.  It takes one minute, and it's described in the
> e-mail below.
>
> To those have replied already, many thanks.
>
> Does anyone have a theory of the cause yet?  I don't, because I still can't
> see a pattern.
>
> A summary:
> - For most, neither fails. For a few, the first example fails.  For a few
> others, the second example fails.  For one, both failed.
> - Proxies don't seem to be the cause, because there is one failure reported
> without a proxy.
> - Country does not yet seem to be involved, which probably rules out
> locales, character sets, and latency.
> - Windows is not the cause, because there is one failure with OS X Leopard.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geoff
>

> It mostly occurs when a proxy is involved, but there is only one report of a
> problem without a proxy. Proxies don' seem to be involved (although only one
> failure has been reported
>
> On 17/07/2009, at 10:08 AM, Geoff Callender wrote:
>
>> Everyone,
>>
>> Please try this quick experiment. I am trying to figure out why it works
>> for some people and not for others.
>>
>> The experiment is: go to the following two pages and click on "Add a
>> row"...
>>

>>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformloop1
>>
>>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1
>>
>> Did it work? Please reply here with whether it worked or not, and include
>> whether you are running through a proxy, whether you OS is Windows, and what
>> country you are in.
>>
>> Hopefully there's a pattern.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> P.S. The people who reported a problem say that the blackbird console
>> shows this kind of thing:
>>
>> # Communication with the server failed: The rendered content did not
>> include any elements that allow for the positioning of the hidden form
>> field's element.
>> # Ajax failure: Status 500 for
>> /jumpstart/examples/tables/ajaxformlooptailored1.ajaxformloop.rowinjector:inject;jsessionid=3BB5CE5E0D166AC91A4561295B8F5151?t:formcomponentid=examples/tables/AjaxFormLoopTailored1:personsedit&t:formid=personsedit:
>> The rendered content did not include any elements that allow for the
>> positioning of the hidden form field's element.

Re: Is AjaxFormLoop example working for you?

Sergey Didenko
It works in IE8, Firefox 3.5, Opera 9.64. Windows XP, no proxy, Ukraine

If I open the page, then delete session cookies, "add row" fails.

May be some firewalls, antiviruses just cut session id cookie and that
is the reason.

12