[Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "SuccessStories" by AtifFaridi

[Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "SuccessStories" by AtifFaridi

Apache Wiki
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AtifFaridi:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/SuccessStories

   3. '''He became resourceful.''' After purchasing [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1932394117/103-7792846-6517465?v=glance Tapestry in Action], he actually created his own custom component and got on with form field validation with little to no assistance.
   4. '''He cleanly integrated with the search engine.''' We exposed the search engine's API calls as [http://www.springframework.org/ Spring] beans. The distinction between the controller and model could not be clearer. I cannot even think of how the line between these could be blurred.

- As it happened, in less than 3 weeks the back-end task turned out to be a great deal more complex and demanding than initially anticipated. So, I had to focus almost 100% of my time on it and the junior developer was tasked with making a solo attempt at creating the front end. He did it. The project has been a resounding success.
+ As it happened, in less than 3 weeks the back-end task turned out to be a great deal more complex and demanding than initially anticipated. So, I had to focus almost 100% of my time on it and the junior developer was tasked with making a solo attempt at creating the front end.
+
+ He did it. The project has been a resounding success.

  Tapestry components just work - no questions asked. I disagree with the statements alluding to a steep and time-consuming learning curve. Tapestry is markedly different from [http://struts.apache.org/ Struts] or [http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/ WebWork], which are perhaps more intuitive as they resemble extensions of the application-level protocol (HTTP) of the TCP stack. However, we have found great advantage in using a framework which is divorced from this paradigm. We did not have to come up with any unexpected or unnatural extensions, and a single consistent development pattern facilitated productivity and developer communication.