Quantcast

Javascript function not present in html source

Javascript function not present in html source

slqiTapestry
Hi,

When I switched the version of Tapestry from 5.2.6 to 5.3.8 I saw somes changes in the source code of the html page.

In my tml file in eclipse I've this code :

<input t:type="textfield" t:id="typeFacture" id="typeFacture" t:validate="required" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" size="30" maxlength="30" t:clientEvent="custom:change" t:event="typeFactureChanged"/>

When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the browser (source code) :

<input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value="" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30" id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">

And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in the tml...) :

<input id="specialiteOS" name="specialiteOS" autocomplete="off" type="text">

So, somes portions of the code have disappeared (all of the javascript functions..) but I don't know why ?

I didn't find any reference to this problem in the release of the 5.3.

Re: Javascript function not present in html source

Are you sure you're looking at the same field? The id in the 5.3.8 example
doesn't match the one in the 5.2.6 one.

Cheers!

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I switched the version of Tapestry from 5.2.6 to 5.3.8 I saw somes
> changes in the source code of the html page.
>
> In my tml file in eclipse I've this code :
>
> <input t:type="textfield" t:id="typeFacture" id="typeFacture"
> t:validate="required" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();"
> onblur="hideTfDropDown();" size="30" maxlength="30"
> t:clientEvent="custom:change" t:event="typeFactureChanged"/>
>
> When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the
> browser (source code) :
>
> <input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value=""
> class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30"
> id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">
>
> And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in the
> tml...) :
>
> <input id="specialiteOS" name="specialiteOS" autocomplete="off"
> type="text">
>
> So, somes portions of the code have disappeared (all of the javascript
> functions..) but I don't know why ?
>
> I didn't find any reference to this problem in the release of the 5.3.

RE: Javascript function not present in html source

slqiTapestry
Hello,

Yes, sorry I've made a mistake in the example (here is the real one) :

<input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>

When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the browser (source code) :

<input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value="" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30" id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">

And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in the tml…) :

<input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>

Thanks

Are you sure you're looking at the same field? The id in the 5.3.8 example doesn't match the one in the 5.2.6 one.

Cheers!

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I switched the version of Tapestry from 5.2.6 to 5.3.8 I saw
> somes changes in the source code of the html page.
>
> In my tml file in eclipse I've this code :
>
> <input t:type="textfield" t:id="typeFacture" id="typeFacture"
> t:validate="required" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();"
> onblur="hideTfDropDown();" size="30" maxlength="30"
> t:clientEvent="custom:change" t:event="typeFactureChanged"/>
>
> When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the
> browser (source code) :
>
> <input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value=""
> class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30"
> id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">
>
> And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in
> the
> tml...) :
>
> <input id="specialiteOS" name="specialiteOS" autocomplete="off"
> type="text">
>
> So, somes portions of the code have disappeared (all of the javascript
> functions..) but I don't know why ?
>
> I didn't find any reference to this problem in the release of the 5.3.

Re: Javascript function not present in html source

Cezary Biernacki
Hi Nicolas,
are you sure that the string you observed "<input id="typeFacture"
name="typeFacture" type="text"/>" is actually sent from the server, not
result of manipulation of some JavaScript later? I do not see any reason
for Tapestry to render your TML differently between 5.2 and 5.3 (assuming
your application uses Tapestry's built-in TextField component), but some
JavaScript changes could break your client side code. Please note when you
are examining HTML content in the browser using common tools, you see the
current DOM state potentially modified by any JavaScripts executed. See
first what the server actually returns, and if it is OK, try checking your
JavaScripts for any incompatibilities.

Best regards,
Cezary

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, sorry I've made a mistake in the example (here is the real one) :
>
> <input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>
>

> When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the
> browser (source code) :
>
> <input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value=""
> class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30"
> id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">
>
> And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in the
> tml…) :
>
> <input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>
>
> Thanks

Yes, the tml page use the textfield component of tapestry :

<input t:type="textfield" t:id="typeFacture" id="typeFacture"  t:validate="required" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" size="30" maxlength="30" t:clientEvent="custom:change" t:event="typeFactureChanged"/>

As I remember I don't have any change of code with Javascript, but everytime I examine the HTML content at the same step that was I note a difference in this one.

The source code of the page that I sent is the one which is present after the rendering of the page, I think that the diference in the code between the two versions of Tapestry is due to the rendering of the page but I didn't found which eliminates this code.

Nicolas

are you sure that the string you observed "<input id="typeFacture"
name="typeFacture" type="text"/>" is actually sent from the server, not result of manipulation of some JavaScript later? I do not see any reason for Tapestry to render your TML differently between 5.2 and 5.3 (assuming your application uses Tapestry's built-in TextField component), but some JavaScript changes could break your client side code. Please note when you are examining HTML content in the browser using common tools, you see the current DOM state potentially modified by any JavaScripts executed. See first what the server actually returns, and if it is OK, try checking your JavaScripts for any incompatibilities.

Best regards,
Cezary

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Yes, sorry I've made a mistake in the example (here is the real one) :
>
> <input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>
>

> When I deploy my application in Tapestry 5.2.6 I have this code in the
> browser (source code) :
>
> <input maxlength="30" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" Autocomplete.value=""
> class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" size="30"
> id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text">
>
> And this is the same code but with Tapestry 5.3.8 (nothing change in
> the
> tml…) :
>
> <input id="typeFacture" name="typeFacture" type="text"/>
>
> Thanks

I made some changes to my code and saw that the removal of parts of the code were due to the use of a mixin Tapestry.

<input t:type="textfield" t:id="typeFacture" id="typeFacture"  t:validate="required" class="typeFacture" onchange="onTypeFactureChanged();" onblur="hideTfDropDown();" size="30" maxlength="30" t:clientEvent="custom:change" t:event="typeFactureChanged" t:mixins="autocomplete" t:minChars="2"/>

So, I notice that when I deleting the reference to the autocomplete mixin in my code, the final source code will be the same as before.  So I think that the mixin is overrinding something.

Is there any modifications between the 5.2.6 and 5.3.8 in this mixins ?

But I need to use this mixin...

Regards,