Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Emmanuel Sowah
Hi Jesse,

The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024to
defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll and
removed by Howard.
Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.

regards,
Emmanuel

Re: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Emmanuel Sowah
Sorry, the right link is:

On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
> to defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll and
> removed by Howard.
> Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
>
> regards,
> Emmanuel

Re: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Martin Strand-4
Do you use vi or emacs?

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:47:52 +0100, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sorry, the right link is:
>
> https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
>

> On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jesse,
>>
>> The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
>> https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
>> to defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll
>> and
>> removed by Howard.
>> Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
>>
>> regards,
>> Emmanuel

Re: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Daniel Jue
Can't we all just get along?

We should just blatantly pillage any unique/better aspects of Wicket,
and code name the next release Wickestry....or Tappet.
Borg style FTW!

And it will come with a bundled Vimacs editor component you can embed
in your app.

Sorry, I am full of coffee.

On 12/13/06, Martin Strand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you use vi or emacs?
>
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:47:52 +0100, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, the right link is:
> >
> > https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
> >

> > On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Jesse,
> >>
> >> The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
> >> https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
> >> to defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll
> >> and
> >> removed by Howard.
> >> Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Emmanuel

RE: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Mark Stang
Before we go ANY further, we must resolve the curly brace alignment issue.

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

We should just blatantly pillage any unique/better aspects of Wicket,
and code name the next release Wickestry....or Tappet.
Borg style FTW!

And it will come with a bundled Vimacs editor component you can embed
in your app.

Sorry, I am full of coffee.

On 12/13/06, Martin Strand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you use vi or emacs?
>
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:47:52 +0100, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, the right link is:
> >
> > https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
> >

> > On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Jesse,
> >>
> >> The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
> >> https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024
> >> to defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll
> >> and
> >> removed by Howard.
> >> Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Emmanuel

Re: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

gredler
Tabs or spaces?

On 12/13/06, Mark Stang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before we go ANY further, we must resolve the curly brace alignment issue.
>
> Mark J. Stang
> Senior Engineer/Architect
> office: +1 303.468.2900
> mobile: +1 303.507.2833
> Ping Identity

Daniel Tabuenca
While we're at it. What's the best platform to run tapestry? Linux,
FreeBSD, Windows, or Mac? Intel, AMD, or PowerPC? Should I use Tomcat
or Jetty? Postgres or MySql?

On 12/13/06, Mark Stang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before we go ANY further, we must resolve the curly brace alignment issue.
>
> Mark J. Stang
> Senior Engineer/Architect
> office: +1 303.468.2900
> mobile: +1 303.507.2833
> Ping Identity

That's jumping to conclusions. I never delete comments from my blog.  That
one was listed as "removed by author", I think Jesse may have removed it
himself.

I don't really care about Wicket; at most I'm envious of the amount of
marketting their community has done. Tapestry 5 will balance all scales aka
the proof is in the pudding.

On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
>
> https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024to
> defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll and
> removed by Howard.
> Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
>
> regards,
> Emmanuel

TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

I've never mentioned this before, but I originally intended Tapestry to run
on AIX systems, with all coding in cross-compiled Scheme against a Dbase IV
backend. I expect all of your to reconfigure your deployment architectures
immediately or bring down My Fiery Wrath.

On 12/13/06, Daniel Tabuenca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While we're at it. What's the best platform to run tapestry? Linux,
> FreeBSD, Windows, or Mac? Intel, AMD, or PowerPC? Should I use Tomcat
> or Jetty? Postgres or MySql?
>

> On 12/13/06, Mark Stang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Before we go ANY further, we must resolve the curly brace alignment
> issue.
> >
> > Mark J. Stang
> > Senior Engineer/Architect
> > office: +1 303.468.2900
> > mobile: +1 303.507.2833
> > Ping Identity

Jessek
Yes, it was me.

Originally I had written a long diatribe praising the many virtues of
wicket developers, users and the overall design of their framework.

After careful reflect I did eventually realize that this was
completely off-topic with the original posting and so removed it for
the greater good of the blog.

I hope that clears everything up for everyone. :)

On 12/13/06, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's jumping to conclusions. I never delete comments from my blog.  That
> one was listed as "removed by author", I think Jesse may have removed it
> himself.
>
> I don't really care about Wicket; at most I'm envious of the amount of
> marketting their community has done. Tapestry 5 will balance all scales aka
> the proof is in the pudding.
>
> On 12/13/06, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jesse,
> >
> > The nice comment you posted on Howard's blog at
> >
> > https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4110180&postID=266226734789322024to
> > defend Tapestry against the Wicket Morons has been marked as troll and
> > removed by Howard.
> > Do you two disagree so much with each other? It's a pity.
> >
> > regards,
> > Emmanuel
> >

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
> Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> Creator, Apache HiveMind

> and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

RE: Jesse, Howard has removed your comment.[OT]

Mark Stang
I have a JDBC driver for dBase III, will that work or did you use special feature from Dbase IV?

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833