Mail List Slow?

Patrick Casey

            Is anyone else noticing a sudden severe decrease in performance
of the Tapestry User mailing list? Historically, it was usually < 5 minutes
between the time I sent a message to the list server and it pushed back down
again. Starting yesterday, I'm seeing 4-8 *hours* per message and it doesn't
seem to be restricted to my messages either. Checking the send times on
other messages against the times I'm getting them I'm seeing delays all over
the map from 40 minutes up to 8 hours.

            Some examples:

            Markus Eberle's reply to HTML in reponse stream .. sent 4:12 AM,
received (by me) 11:20 AM

            Javier Molina's question on Hibernate domain objects . sent 8:27
Am received by me at 12:17 PM

            My own reply to Components vs pages --- sent 8:29 PM  (Monday)
receivied by me 5:00 AM (Tuesday)

            Is something afoot with the list server? My own mail delivery
for everything else seems no faster and no slower than usual so this feels
like an isolated issue with the Tapestry Mailing List.

            --- Pat

Re: Mail List Slow?

Nick Westgate (Work)
Yeah. I double posted because of this. Unusual ...