Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Kalle Korhonen-2
Hey all,

just a heads-up, I'm planning on bringing in Satago Ltd's
tapestry-jpa-transactions into T5 core, which will replace the existing
tapestry-jpa implementation for T5.5. The code is already under Apache v2
license and I have a buy-in from all of the contributors (see
https://github.com/satago/tapestry-jpa-transactions/issues/2). It should be
a drop-in replacement with some enhanced functionality (nested
transactions, commit hooks). There's a few small issues still unresolved,
so I'll work on it as a github project first and merge it all in when ready.

Kalle

PS. Thanks Jochen for updating the dependencies, I don't remember the last
time the whole test suite run successfully on my computer without any
hiccups.

Re: Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Kalle Korhonen-2
To be more specific, tapestry-jpa-transactions'
TransactionalUnitJpaTransactionAdvisor should be a drop-in replacement for
T5's current JpaTransactionAdvisorImpl, many other parts of the JPA module
stay as is.

Kalle

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Kalle Korhonen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> just a heads-up, I'm planning on bringing in Satago Ltd's
> tapestry-jpa-transactions into T5 core, which will replace the existing
> tapestry-jpa implementation for T5.5. The code is already under Apache v2
> license and I have a buy-in from all of the contributors (see
> https://github.com/satago/tapestry-jpa-transactions/issues/2). It should
> be a drop-in replacement with some enhanced functionality (nested
> transactions, commit hooks). There's a few small issues still unresolved,
> so I'll work on it as a github project first and merge it all in when ready.
>
> Kalle
>
> PS. Thanks Jochen for updating the dependencies, I don't remember the last
> time the whole test suite run successfully on my computer without any
> hiccups.

Re: Merging tapestry-jpa-transactions to T5.5

Jochen Kemnade-3

Am 26.04.2016 um 01:56 schrieb Kalle Korhonen:
> PS. Thanks Jochen for updating the dependencies, I don't remember the last
> time the whole test suite run successfully on my computer without any
> hiccups.

Yes, I wish we could finally get it to run in Jenkins again.