Multi Select

Sanket Sharma
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a multi select component available in tapestry?
I looked at the palette component and a similar component in chenille kit,
but the demo page isn't available anymore.

Reading through the email archives and some old links, it seems like there
is a way to achieve it using custom encoders etc. - not sure if it is still
applicable and valid?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sanket

Re: Multi Select

Lance Java
Select doesn't support multiple options. There is checklist and pallette
which do the same job....  admittedly they look different.

There's nothing stopping you from creating a multiselect component by
extending AbstractField.
 On 22 May 2014 21:42, "Sanket Sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a multi select component available in tapestry?
> I looked at the palette component and a similar component in chenille kit,
> but the demo page isn't available anymore.
>
> Reading through the email archives and some old links, it seems like there
> is a way to achieve it using custom encoders etc. - not sure if it is still
> applicable and valid?
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>

> Sanket

Re: Multi Select

balapal
Hi,

I can recommend http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/
It is not an out of box tapestry component, but can be integrated easily.

On 22 May 2014 22:10, Lance Java <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Select doesn't support multiple options. There is checklist and pallette
> which do the same job....  admittedly they look different.
>
> There's nothing stopping you from creating a multiselect component by
> extending AbstractField.
>  On 22 May 2014 21:42, "Sanket Sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a multi select component available in
> tapestry?
> > I looked at the palette component and a similar component in chenille
> kit,
> > but the demo page isn't available anymore.
> >
> > Reading through the email archives and some old links, it seems like
> there
> > is a way to achieve it using custom encoders etc. - not sure if it is
> still
> > applicable and valid?
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance.
> >

> > Sanket

Re: Multi Select

based2
http://dmitrygusev.blogspot.fr/2013/04/render-tapestry5-block-to-string-from.html
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5MultipleSelectOnObjects
https://github.com/argoyle/tapestry-tagselect/wiki/Multi-select-string-tag-example

https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery/issues/107

https://github.com/alxlit/bootstrap-chosen

Le 22/05/14 23:22, Balázs Palcsó a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I can recommend http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/
> It is not an out of box tapestry component, but can be integrated easily.
>

> On 22 May 2014 22:10, Lance Java <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Select doesn't support multiple options. There is checklist and pallette
>> which do the same job....  admittedly they look different.
>>
>> There's nothing stopping you from creating a multiselect component by
>> extending AbstractField.
>>   On 22 May 2014 21:42, "Sanket Sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there is a multi select component available in
>> tapestry?
>>> I looked at the palette component and a similar component in chenille
>> kit,
>>> but the demo page isn't available anymore.
>>>
>>> Reading through the email archives and some old links, it seems like
>> there
>>> is a way to achieve it using custom encoders etc. - not sure if it is
>> still
>>> applicable and valid?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your assistance.
>>>

>>> Sanket

RE: Multi Select

Tony Nelson-3
We also use Select2 with Tapestry, it's very easy to integrate.

Since 1982, Starpoint Solutions has been a trusted source of human capital and solutions. We are committed to our clients, employees, environment, community and social concerns.  We foster an inclusive culture based on trust, respect, honesty and solid performance. Learn more about Starpoint and our social responsibility at http://www.starpoint.com/social_responsibility

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of  the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged  information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

RE: Multi Select

Ric-01
For me the Chenillekit component works fine. Although it is not supported
anymore, the latest release works together with the latest Tapestry
version.