Quantcast

Multi selection dropdown in Tapestry

Gopi, Sreela
Hello,

  Can anyone please tell me how to implement multiple selection dropdown list in Tapestry? I am using Tapestry 5.3.8

Thank you,
Sreela Gopi

Re: Multi selection dropdown in Tapestry

Taha Hafeez
Hi,

A dropdown is not meant for multiple selection. May be you are looking for tapestry palette or autocomplete mixin.

https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/master/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/mixins/Autocomplete.java

Jumpstart has an example on how to use it

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/autocompletemixin

If you are using jQuery, then you can also try tapestry5-jquery’s

http://tapestry5-jquery.com/core/docsjqueryautocomplete

Regards
Taha

> On 15 Mar 2017, at 13:06, Gopi, Sreela <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  Can anyone please tell me how to implement multiple selection dropdown list in Tapestry? I am using Tapestry 5.3.8
>
> Thank you,
> Sreela Gopi

RE: Multi selection dropdown in Tapestry

Davide Vecchi
Probably the asker wants something to the effect of the 'multiple' attribute of the HTML 'select' tag, see http://www.w3resource.com/html/attributes/html-multiple-attribute.php . A working example is under "Multi Select Option" at https://www.hscripts.com/tutorials/html/form-combobox.php .

A dropdown is not meant for multiple selection. May be you are looking for tapestry palette or autocomplete mixin.

https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/master/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/mixins/Autocomplete.java

Jumpstart has an example on how to use it

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/autocompletemixin

If you are using jQuery, then you can also try tapestry5-jquery’s

http://tapestry5-jquery.com/core/docsjqueryautocomplete

Regards
Taha

> On 15 Mar 2017, at 13:06, Gopi, Sreela <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  Can anyone please tell me how to implement multiple selection dropdown list in Tapestry? I am using Tapestry 5.3.8
>
> Thank you,
> Sreela Gopi

Re: Multi selection dropdown in Tapestry

Taha Hafeez
This is another alternative

https://tawus.wordpress.com/2011/12/28/multivalue-autocomplete-for-tapestry/

> On 15 Mar 2017, at 14:04, Davide Vecchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Probably the asker wants something to the effect of the 'multiple' attribute of the HTML 'select' tag, see http://www.w3resource.com/html/attributes/html-multiple-attribute.php . A working example is under "Multi Select Option" at https://www.hscripts.com/tutorials/html/form-combobox.php .

And this

http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Checklist.html