Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

duymap
Hi experts,

I am facing performance problem when loading over 25,000 records although
have set paging = true, the time to complete loading is over 30s. So do
someone have any suggestion or idea to improve that ?

Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated .

Thanks,
Duy

Re: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

François Facon-3
Hi Duy,

Did you have a look at
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/tables/griddatasources
?
To support access to large data, you will have to provide a class that
implement  GridDataSource
(
http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3.7/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/grid/GridDataSource.html
).
See the class PersonPagedDataSource.java for more details.

Kudos to Geoff
François

2013/12/22 Chung Khanh Duy <[hidden email]>

> Hi experts,
>
> I am facing performance problem when loading over 25,000 records although
> have set paging = true, the time to complete loading is over 30s. So do
> someone have any suggestion or idea to improve that ?
>
> Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated .
>
> Thanks,
> Duy

Re: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

duymap
Thanks for your suggestion. I will take a look on it.

Duy.

--
Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

Antal van Kalleveen
Hello Duy,

Have a look at the weaves Tapestry 5.x library, it contains a Pagedgrid
component with a custom gridsource which will never query the total number
of rows in a dataset and uses paging to increase performance, especially for
large datasets. We use it to scroll through recordssets of over 1 million
records.

The code is here: https://github.com/intercommit/Weaves

A demo is here: http://intercommitweavesdemo.intercommit.cloudbees.net/

Regards,
Antal

Re: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

duymap
Hi Antal,

Thanks for your suggestion, I am afraid that i can not use this component
because actually we had existing grid component extends tapestry grid, but
it's helpful because i can take a look to know how to customize grid to
adapt with huge records for increasing peformance.

Thanks again,
Duy

Vào Chủ nhật, ngày 22 tháng mười hai năm 2013, A.T. van Kalleveen đã viết:

> Hello Duy,
>
> Have a look at the weaves Tapestry 5.x library, it contains a Pagedgrid
> component with a custom gridsource which will never query the total number
> of rows in a dataset and uses paging to increase performance, especially
> for large datasets. We use it to scroll through recordssets of over 1
> million records.
>
> The code is here: https://github.com/intercommit/Weaves
>
> A demo is here: http://intercommitweavesdemo.intercommit.cloudbees.net/
>
> Regards,
> Antal
>
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Chung Khanh Duy
> Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:07 AM
> To: Tapestry users
> Subject: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.
>
> Hi experts,
>
> I am facing performance problem when loading over 25,000 records although
> have set paging = true, the time to complete loading is over 30s. So do
> someone have any suggestion or idea to improve that ?
>
> Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated .
>
> Thanks,
> Duy

Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.

Howard Lewis Ship
The key to performance with Grid is to look to the GridDataModel and
provide a smarter caching version that limits the amount of data taken from
the database.

That being said, Grid is an scaffolding component ... much like
BeanEditForm. It is meant to be useful but if a grid view of some form is
essential in your application, you will benefit by building something
simpler and custom to your application.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Chung Khanh Duy <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Antal,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, I am afraid that i can not use this component
> because actually we had existing grid component extends tapestry grid, but
> it's helpful because i can take a look to know how to customize grid to
> adapt with huge records for increasing peformance.
>
> Thanks again,
> Duy
>
> Vào Chủ nhật, ngày 22 tháng mười hai năm 2013, A.T. van Kalleveen đã viết:
>
> > Hello Duy,
> >
> > Have a look at the weaves Tapestry 5.x library, it contains a Pagedgrid
> > component with a custom gridsource which will never query the total
> number
> > of rows in a dataset and uses paging to increase performance, especially
> > for large datasets. We use it to scroll through recordssets of over 1
> > million records.
> >
> > The code is here: https://github.com/intercommit/Weaves
> >
> > A demo is here: http://intercommitweavesdemo.intercommit.cloudbees.net/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Antal
> >
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Chung Khanh Duy
> > Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:07 AM
> > To: Tapestry users
> > Subject: Peformance loading huge data with T5 grid.
> >
> > Hi experts,
> >
> > I am facing performance problem when loading over 25,000 records although
> > have set paging = true, the time to complete loading is over 30s. So do
> > someone have any suggestion or idea to improve that ?
> >
> > Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Duy

> Chung Khánh Duy
> Project Support Manager