PermissionEvaluator in tapestry-spring-security

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PermissionEvaluator in tapestry-spring-security

nquirynen
Hi,

Is it possible with the tapestry-spring-security module to create your
own PermissionEvaluator like in the following link?

http://www.borislam.com/2012/08/writing-your-spring-security-expression.html

My question is about step 1 on that page; the configuration. How can I
do this with the module? Or else, how can I implement what's needed myself?

Nathan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PermissionEvaluator in tapestry-spring-security

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:25:25 -0300, Nathan Quirynen  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> Is it possible with the tapestry-spring-security module to create your  
> own PermissionEvaluator like in the following link?
>
> http://www.borislam.com/2012/08/writing-your-spring-security-expression.html
>
> My question is about step 1 on that page; the configuration. How can I  
> do this with the module? Or else, how can I implement what's needed  
> myself?

I'm not familiar with Spring Security nor tapestry-spring-security. Do you  
really need to use it? http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/ 
works very well and you can do everything in a very Tapestry-IoC way (its  
author is a committer of both Tapestry and Apache Shiro).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
http://machina.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PermissionEvaluator in tapestry-spring-security

nquirynen
As we are already using it mainly for authentication (users and roles,
filters, ..), so we would prefer keep using it for new authorization use
cases. What I need is possible with Spring Security, I'm just not sure
how to set it all up.

I'm not really familiar with Apache Shiro or the tapestry library, but
I'll keep it in the back of my mind as a backup.

Some more info on my use case:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33121878/simple-file-browser-permissions

On 16/10/15 21:20, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:25:25 -0300, Nathan Quirynen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
>> Is it possible with the tapestry-spring-security module to create
>> your own PermissionEvaluator like in the following link?
>>
>> http://www.borislam.com/2012/08/writing-your-spring-security-expression.html 
>>
>>
>> My question is about step 1 on that page; the configuration. How can
>> I do this with the module? Or else, how can I implement what's needed
>> myself?
>
> I'm not familiar with Spring Security nor tapestry-spring-security. Do
> you really need to use it?
> http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide/ works very well and you
> can do everything in a very Tapestry-IoC way (its author is a
> committer of both Tapestry and Apache Shiro).
>
<mailto:[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PermissionEvaluator in tapestry-spring-security

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:22:03 -0200, Nathan Quirynen  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> As we are already using it mainly for authentication (users and roles,
> filters, ..), so we would prefer keep using it for new authorization use
> cases. What I need is possible with Spring Security, I'm just not sure
> how to set it all up.

I suppose you just configure it in the same way you would without  
Tapestry, i.e., in Spring.

> I'm not really familiar with Apache Shiro or the tapestry library, but
> I'll keep it in the back of my mind as a backup.

:)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
http://machina.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]