Preventing context from passivate

Adam X
Hello!

In my Layout I have action/event links (logout, etc). If a page inside
a layout passivates context, layout links get that context. But I
don't want them to. How do you prevent links from getting page
passivated context?

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Preventing context from passivate

Chris Poulsen
I would expect action/event links to have page context as they are a part
of the page where they live (for example a logout event link click, would
cause tapestry to activate the containing page and then trigger the logout
event handler on that page).

Things like logout I would handle using a plain html link (in case of a
filter-based system) or using a page link if it is an actual tapestry page
- in most cases it does not make sense to use links that activate their
containing page if you are just interested in leaving it.

--
Chris