Problem with Palette component

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with Palette component

Jelena Jovanovic
Hello,

 

I have a problem with the palette component. Actually I constantly receive
this kind of error when trying to submit the form that contains this
component:

org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.handleSubmission(Palette.java:48
9)

org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.renderComponent(Palette.java:285
)

org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)

org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.renderBody(AbstractComponent.java:624)


org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.renderComponent(Form.java:362)

org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)

org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.rewind(Form.java:568)

org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.rewindForm(RequestCycle.java:432)

org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.trigger(Form.java:582)

org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:169)

..

 

As I see, it the problem might me with the initialization of the models that
the component uses (its own model + model for a property selection component
that forms the header of the left column). I initialized them (as well as
models for other property selection components that I have on the form) in
the activate method due to the fact that I have a lot of initialization work
to do.

 

Does anyone have some suggestions?

 

Regards,

Jelena

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with Palette component

morgandev
What is the error?  I see the line number, and looking at that line
I'm guessing you are getting a null pointer there?

You will need the model to translate the values back to objects.  If
it takes alot of work to create it perhaps you should make it
persistent?

scott


On 5/10/05, Jelena Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the palette component. Actually I constantly receive
> this kind of error when trying to submit the form that contains this
> component:
>
> org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.handleSubmission(Palette.java:48
> 9)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.renderComponent(Palette.java:285
> )
>
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.renderBody(AbstractComponent.java:624)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.renderComponent(Form.java:362)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.rewind(Form.java:568)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.rewindForm(RequestCycle.java:432)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.trigger(Form.java:582)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:169)
>
> ..
>
> As I see, it the problem might me with the initialization of the models that
> the component uses (its own model + model for a property selection component
> that forms the header of the left column). I initialized them (as well as
> models for other property selection components that I have on the form) in
> the activate method due to the fact that I have a lot of initialization work
> to do.
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jelena
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Problem with Palette component

Jelena Jovanovic
>What is the error?  I see the line number, and looking at that line
>I'm guessing you are getting a null pointer there?
Yes, you are right, it is a nullPointerException.

>You will need the model to translate the values back to objects.  
I did make a model - although it is quite simple since I work with ordinary
strings.
What is specific of with this component is the fact that I use the property
selection component in the header of the left column to select a global
topic and then display subtopics of the selected topic in the left column.
Therefore that prop.selection in the header has submitOnChage property set
to true. And I noticed that everything works fine until I make a selection
(have some values in the right column) and try to submit the form - then I
get that exception.

Jelena
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Morgan [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:34 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Problem with Palette component

What is the error?  I see the line number, and looking at that line
I'm guessing you are getting a null pointer there?

You will need the model to translate the values back to objects.  If
it takes alot of work to create it perhaps you should make it
persistent?

scott


On 5/10/05, Jelena Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the palette component. Actually I constantly receive
> this kind of error when trying to submit the form that contains this
> component:
>
>
org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.handleSubmission(Palette.java:48
> 9)
>
>
org.apache.tapestry.contrib.palette.Palette.renderComponent(Palette.java:285
> )
>
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)
>
>
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.renderBody(AbstractComponent.java:624)

>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.renderComponent(Form.java:362)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.rewind(Form.java:568)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.rewindForm(RequestCycle.java:432)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.trigger(Form.java:582)
>
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:169)
>
> ..
>
> As I see, it the problem might me with the initialization of the models
that
> the component uses (its own model + model for a property selection
component
> that forms the header of the left column). I initialized them (as well as
> models for other property selection components that I have on the form) in
> the activate method due to the fact that I have a lot of initialization
work
> to do.
>
> Does anyone have some suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jelena
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]