Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

Henrique Lobo Weissmann
Hi,

The source code on documentation is poorly formated, as can be seen on this
page, for example:
http://tapestry.apache.org/implementing-the-hi-lo-guessing-game.html

Every mention to Java, HTML or XML source code is not being formated. I
found this problem on most pages of the current documentation.

--
Henrique Lobo Weissmann

Diretor de desenvolvimento
itexto - http://www.itexto.com.br
Telefone: (55) 31 - 9226 0459
Twitter: @loboweissmann

Re: Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

bobharner
Wow, yes, it looks like the Confluence-to-HTML converter is misbehaving
again. I'll take a look.

On Aug 27, 2017 9:59 PM, "Henrique Lobo Weissmann" <[hidden email]>

> The source code on documentation is poorly formated, as can be seen on this
> page, for example:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/implementing-the-hi-lo-guessing-game.html
>
> Every mention to Java, HTML or XML source code is not being formated. I
> found this problem on most pages of the current documentation.
>

> --
> Henrique Lobo Weissmann
>
> Diretor de desenvolvimento
> itexto - http://www.itexto.com.br
> Telefone: (55) 31 - 9226 0459
> Twitter: @loboweissmann

Re: Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

bobharner
The code examples are somehow all missing from the source in
Confluence. I've filed a ticket with Apache Infrastructure --

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 6:43 AM, Bob Harner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, yes, it looks like the Confluence-to-HTML converter is misbehaving
> again. I'll take a look.
>
> On Aug 27, 2017 9:59 PM, "Henrique Lobo Weissmann" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The source code on documentation is poorly formated, as can be seen on
>> this
>> page, for example:
>> http://tapestry.apache.org/implementing-the-hi-lo-guessing-game.html
>>
>> Every mention to Java, HTML or XML source code is not being formated. I
>> found this problem on most pages of the current documentation.
>>

>> --
>> Henrique Lobo Weissmann
>>
>> Diretor de desenvolvimento
>> itexto - http://www.itexto.com.br
>> Telefone: (55) 31 - 9226 0459
>> Twitter: @loboweissmann

Re: Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Henrique Lobo Weissmann <

Hello, Kico!

> The source code on documentation is poorly formated, as can be seen on this
> page, for example:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/implementing-the-hi-lo-guessing-game.html

Thanks for warning us about it. I've also noted that the release notes in
https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-54.html are borked towards the
end, where a list of Jira tickets is embedded.

> Every mention to Java, HTML or XML source code is not being formated. I
> found this problem on most pages of the current documentation.
>

> --
> Henrique Lobo Weissmann
>
> Diretor de desenvolvimento
> itexto - http://www.itexto.com.br
> Telefone: (55) 31 - 9226 0459
> Twitter: @loboweissmann

Re: Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

bobharner
Thiago, if you have a chance you could revert the HTML docs (in svn) to an
earlier version as a temporary fix. I'm away from a computer for another
day or so.

On Sep 1, 2017 4:22 PM, "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Henrique Lobo Weissmann <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> Hello, Kico!
>

> > The source code on documentation is poorly formated, as can be seen on
> this
> > page, for example:
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/implementing-the-hi-lo-guessing-game.html
>

> Thanks for warning us about it. I've also noted that the release notes in
> https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-54.html are borked towards the
> end, where a list of Jira tickets is embedded.
>

> > Every mention to Java, HTML or XML source code is not being formated. I
> > found this problem on most pages of the current documentation.
> >

> > --
> > Henrique Lobo Weissmann
> >
> > Diretor de desenvolvimento
> > itexto - http://www.itexto.com.br
> > Telefone: (55) 31 - 9226 0459
> > Twitter: @loboweissmann

Re: Problems with Tapestry Website source code formatting

bobharner
Everybody,

As a work-around, until INFRA-14971 is fixed, I have temporarily
reverted the HTML docs (in svn) to rev 1015176. I believe the source
code examples are all now appearing correctly.

NOTE: If anyone edits any documentation pages in Confluence (before
INFRA-14971 is fixed) then the problem will come back (at least for
the edited page).

After INFRA-14971 is fixed then we'll have to re-publish all the docs
from Confluence (which is easy to do).