Progressive Web App

JumpStart
Has anyone come up with a way to produce a Progressive Web App (PWA) with Tapestry? Or per

I’m particularly interested in the idea of using service workers to get some content - that we know will be relevant to the logged in user - in the background and storing it client-side for quick access by the web pages later. The content will contain amigos and very short videos.

Another aim is to be able to save data as they work, and have the service worker send it to the server asynchronously. If the connection is down then it will wait.

Any experience in that area?

Re: Progressive Web App

Christopher
Hi Geoff,

I'm in the final stages of developing a webapp which uses the WebSocket
API for asynchronous, two-way communication.  Not sure if WebSocket is the
way you want to go?  Message packets are objects encoded into JSON format
using Jason.

The server endpoint is a Tapestry service (singleton), and the client
endpoint a Swing application running Tyrus under the hood.  It took a bit
of effort integrating with Tapestry, but works like a dream.  Messages are
buffered, then sent, using java.util.Timer/Task running in a separate
thread.

Regards,

Chris.

> Has anyone come up with a way to produce a Progressive Web App (PWA) with
> Tapestry? Or per
>
> I’m particularly interested in the idea of using service workers to get
> some content - that we know will be relevant to the logged in user - in
> the background and storing it client-side for quick access by the web
> pages later. The content will contain amigos and very short videos.
>
> Another aim is to be able to save data as they work, and have the service
> worker send it to the server asynchronously. If the connection is down
> then it will wait.
>
> Any experience in that area?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Re: Progressive Web App

JumpStart
Thanks Chris. We won’t be going with WebSockets for a while, not until we need to add two-way chat. No, the real challenge is doing what we want in a web browser client.

Cheers,

Geoff