Property collisions

Geoff Longman
As always working on Spindle...

properties, parameters and injects can all collide with respect to
thier property names. The enhancement chain checks for name collisions
but frankly it's hard to determine the order of precedence by looking
at the HM configuration for the chain.

Howard, in a nutshell, who wins out in what case when there is a
property name collision?

Geoff

Re: Property collisions

Howard Lewis Ship
It really *is* determined by the order of operations of the enhancement
workers.

However, there's no reason why we couldn't update component specification to
do similar checks as various objects are added (bindings, assets, etc.).

On 5/17/05, Geoff Longman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As always working on Spindle...
>
> properties, parameters and injects can all collide with respect to
> thier property names. The enhancement chain checks for name collisions
> but frankly it's hard to determine the order of precedence by looking
> at the HM configuration for the chain.
>
> Howard, in a nutshell, who wins out in what case when there is a
> property name collision?
>
> Geoff

Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind