Strange in Tapestry binding

duymap
Hi all,

Does anyone see the similar binding as below:

Java code:
Student student;

Tml file:

<input value={student?.name} />

I don't know why they add "?" in data binding ?

Thanks,
Duy.

Re: Strange in Tapestry binding

Peter Skala
the expression does not throw an exception, wenn getStudent() returns null.
best regards, Peter

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone see the similar binding as below:
>
> Java code:
> Student student;
>
> Tml file:
>
> <input value={student?.name} />
>
> I don't know why they add "?" in data binding ?
>
> Thanks,
> Duy.

Re: Strange in Tapestry binding

duymap
Thanks so much Peter !

Duy.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the expression does not throw an exception, wenn getStudent() returns null.
> best regards, Peter
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone see the similar binding as below:
> >
> > Java code:
> > Student student;
> >
> > Tml file:
> >
> > <input value={student?.name} />
> >
> > I don't know why they add "?" in data binding ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Duy.

Chung Khánh Duy
Project Support Manager
Formos

Re: Strange in Tapestry binding

JumpStart
This guide is handy:

        http://tapestry.apache.org/property-expressions.html

Geoff

On 6 Aug 2014, at 8:37 pm, Chung Khanh Duy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks so much Peter !
>
> Duy.
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> the expression does not throw an exception, wenn getStudent() returns null.
>> best regards, Peter
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone see the similar binding as below:
>>>
>>> Java code:
>>> Student student;
>>>
>>> Tml file:
>>>
>>> <input value={student?.name} />
>>>
>>> I don't know why they add "?" in data binding ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Duy.

> Chung Khánh Duy
> Project Support Manager
> Formos

Re: Strange in Tapestry binding

duymap
Thank you for your link, Geoff.

Duy.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Geoff Callender <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This guide is handy:
>
>         http://tapestry.apache.org/property-expressions.html
>
> Geoff
>
> On 6 Aug 2014, at 8:37 pm, Chung Khanh Duy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks so much Peter !
> >
> > Duy.
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> the expression does not throw an exception, wenn getStudent() returns
> null.
> >> best regards, Peter

> > Chung Khánh Duy
> > Project Support Manager