T5.1 How to prevent uniquifying client ID

T5.1 How to prevent uniquifying client ID

Daniel Henze
Hi there,

I have two actionlinks with different t:id, but still Tapestry sets a
unique id at the end and therefore caters the actionlink useless:

instead of <a id="addToFavorites" zone="messageOutput" href="..."> I do
get <a id="addToFavorites-12befc24b12"  zone="messageOutput" href="...">.

It's worth mentioning that after refreshing the page I do get the
desired result (non uniquified id) and therefore all working well. How
to control this behaviour and stop Tapestry from setting the id?

Best regards
Daniel

Re: T5.1 How to prevent uniquifying client ID

Mats Andersson-2
Hi,

One solution could be to let tapestry handle id attribute as before and
instead use a unique class as your own identifier.

Best regards
Mats