T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Howard Lewis Ship
PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
people are currently relying on it?

TWD Consulting, Inc.

RE: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

JWiegman
Using it and loving it.  So great to be able to unit test the user
interface in a mock container.

I've tried to answer most of the posts in this forum about it.  Seems
like other people are using it...

Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Chris Lewis-5
I am not currently, but have been wanting to implement all levels of
testing for my T5 app: unit tests, render tests, and client side JS
testing (like the T5 source uses). I'm sure that testability - easy
testability - is a goal and I welcome it. However as of yet I have not
used PageTester to any extent.

sincerely,
Chris

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> people are currently relying on it?

RE: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Hong Yu (hoyu2)
We use it heavily for all of our components. We are also looking for
ways to do JS testing.

Hong

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> people are currently relying on it?

Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Robert Zeigler
I've made extensive use of it.

Robert

On Dec 5, 2007, at 12/51:55 PM , Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> people are currently relying on it?
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

DougS
We are using the PageTester extensively since 5.0.6.  The ability to pass a Module class to the PageTester is very helpful.  As others have mentioned, we would like to be able to add js tests -- a way to do this would be incredibly helpful (maybe an integration with one of the existing jsunit frameworks).
Howard Lewis Ship wrote
PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
people are currently relying on it?

TWD Consulting, Inc.

RE: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Mark Horn-2
My team uses PageTester to unit test all our Page classes.  We have
found it very useful.

> PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> people are currently relying on it?
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Howard Lewis Ship
That's all good to hear, and I found a reasonable way to keep it in
place without disrupting things.

On Dec 5, 2007 1:57 PM, Mark Horn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My team uses PageTester to unit test all our Page classes.  We have
> found it very useful.
>

> > PageTester, Kent Tong's unit/integration testing layer for T5, is
> > increasingly becoming difficult to maintain properly ... how many
> > people are currently relying on it?
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?

Emmanuel Sowah
Howard,

I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.

I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings and
almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
T5. I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
with all previous versions. Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel? I
hope you would one day learn from the decent open source projects out there
like Spring and Hibernate. These guys are geniuses! They take on the
challenging task of remaining backward compatible while providing great new
features instead of always choosing the easier and trivial path of starting
afresh, like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.