[T5] Service Module declaration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[T5] Service Module declaration

kheldar666
Hi everybody,

I'm devellopping a Tapestry application that will use several packages (because I use a JPF plugin architecture).

So in Eclipse, I have several source folder. One for each plug in I developp.

My problem is that I don't find a way to tell Tapestry IoC that there is a Module in package A and another in package B.

I don't want to use @SubModule in AppModule because the packages a supposed to be plugins (so they can be there or not) and it seems the manifest file can only be used within a jar file (and I can't create a jar file each time I test my plug in :s )

Is there any other solution to tell Tapestry IoC that there's a Module somewhere else ?

Cheers

Martin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Francois Armand
Kheldar666 wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>  
Hello,
> My problem is that I don't find a way to tell Tapestry IoC that there is a
> Module in package A and another in package B.
>
> I don't want to use @SubModule in AppModule because the packages a supposed
> to be plugins (so they can be there or not) and it seems the manifest file
> can only be used within a jar file (and I can't create a jar file each time
> I test my plug in :s )
>  
I saw that in a (old) thread :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3cecd0e3310704110716x68c146b9i5df35ece1ffa542c@...%3e
But I can't tell you anymore, since a didn't test it.

Hope it will help

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE
Groupe Linagora - http://www.linagora.com
Tél.: +33 (0)1 58 18 68 28
-----------
InterLDAP - http://interldap.org 
FederID - http://www.federid.org/
Open Source identities management and federation


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
In reply to this post by kheldar666
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 09:52:13 -0300, Kheldar666 <[hidden email]>  
wrote:

> Is there any other solution to tell Tapestry IoC that there's a Module
> somewhere else ?

Yes! Take a look at the Module Autoloading section in  
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/module.html.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia
Eteg Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
http://www.eteg.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
In reply to this post by Francois Armand
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:03:04 -0300, Francois Armand <[hidden email]>  
wrote:

> I saw that in a (old) thread :  
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3cecd0e3310704110716x68c146b9i5df35ece1ffa542c@...%3e
> But I can't tell you anymore, since a didn't test it.

Just put a Tapestry-Module-Classes entry in some JAR in your application  
classpath and Tapestry-IoC will take care of the rest. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia
Eteg Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
http://www.eteg.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Francois Armand
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:03:04 -0300, Francois Armand
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I saw that in a (old) thread :
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3cecd0e3310704110716x68c146b9i5df35ece1ffa542c@...%3e 
>>
>> But I can't tell you anymore, since a didn't test it.
>
> Just put a Tapestry-Module-Classes entry in some JAR in your
> application classpath and Tapestry-IoC will take care of the rest. ;)
>
Yes, that is what the thread explains...

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE
Groupe Linagora - http://www.linagora.com
Tél.: +33 (0)1 58 18 68 28
-----------
InterLDAP - http://interldap.org 
FederID - http://www.federid.org/
Open Source identities management and federation


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

kheldar666
Yes that's what I thought, but it is not very convinient...


Francois Armand wrote
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:03:04 -0300, Francois Armand
> <farmand@linagora.com> wrote:
>
>> I saw that in a (old) thread :
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3cecd0e3310704110716x68c146b9i5df35ece1ffa542c@mail.gmail.com%3e 
>>
>> But I can't tell you anymore, since a didn't test it.
>
> Just put a Tapestry-Module-Classes entry in some JAR in your
> application classpath and Tapestry-IoC will take care of the rest. ;)
>
Yes, that is what the thread explains...

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE
Groupe Linagora - http://www.linagora.com
Tél.: +33 (0)1 58 18 68 28
-----------
InterLDAP - http://interldap.org 
FederID - http://www.federid.org/
Open Source identities management and federation


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tapestry.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tapestry.apache.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
In reply to this post by Francois Armand
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:29:15 -0300, Francois Armand <[hidden email]>  
wrote:

>> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:03:04 -0300, Francois Armand

> Yes, that is what the thread explains...

That thread talks about the manifest in a WAR file, and I was talking  
about the manifest in a JAR file. :) It makes all the difference.

And this is really convenient: I developed HiberTapestry  
(http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/) and, to use it, my  
application needs no configuration: having the HiberTapestry JAR in the  
classpath is all I need to do. Tapestry-IoC does the work of locating and  
loading it. My application doesn't have a compile dependency in  
HiberTapestry but it uses it. Just wonderful. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia
Eteg Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
http://www.eteg.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Francois Armand
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> That thread talks about the manifest in a WAR file, and I was talking
> about the manifest in a JAR file. :) It makes all the difference.

Well, no, the last message of the thread (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3c246838100C0FA34BBAA136A1512F2BBF0C4FAF@...%3e 
) give the solution to create a jar with just a manifest and drop it in
the classpath.
But we agree that it seems to be the solution :)
>
> And this is really convenient: I developed HiberTapestry
> (http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/) and, to use it,
> my application needs no configuration: having the HiberTapestry JAR in
> the classpath is all I need to do. Tapestry-IoC does the work of
> locating and loading it. My application doesn't have a compile
> dependency in HiberTapestry but it uses it. Just wonderful. :)
Intersting project, I missed it :)

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE
Groupe Linagora - http://www.linagora.com
Tél.: +33 (0)1 58 18 68 28
-----------
InterLDAP - http://interldap.org 
FederID - http://www.federid.org/
Open Source identities management and federation


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:10:43 -0300, Francois Armand <[hidden email]>  
wrote:

> But we agree that it seems to be the solution :)

Yes! :)

>>
>> And this is really convenient: I developed HiberTapestry  
>> (http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/) and, to use it,  
>> my application needs no configuration: having the HiberTapestry JAR in  
>> the classpath is all I need to do. Tapestry-IoC does the work of  
>> locating and loading it. My application doesn't have a compile  
>> dependency in HiberTapestry but it uses it. Just wonderful. :)
> Intersting project, I missed it :)

Your feedback is always welcome. :)
I plan to release a new version, the sources and improved documentation  
soon.
I'm already using it in an internal project at my work. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia
Eteg Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
http://www.eteg.com.br

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]