T5: TextArea strange behavior

Is it just me or the Tapestry 5 TextArea component (5.0.5, non snapshot)
sets the bound field to null when the user leaves the text area blank?

Re: T5: TextArea strange behavior

Nick Westgate (Work)
Yes, the default translators do this. See Translator and StringTranslator.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/Translator.html

String is the odd one out because representing null and "" differently
client side is difficult.

You can provide your own translator if you wish.

Cheers,
Nick.