[T5] component packs? libraries?

Fernando Padilla
So I think I've read most if not all of the T5 documentation, and I
don't see any mention of the old Component Libraries.. Could someone
give me some insight?

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Serge Eby
Hi,

T5 components are listed here: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/component-parameters.html

/Serge

Fernando Padilla wrote
So I think I've read most if not all of the T5 documentation, and I
don't see any mention of the old Component Libraries.. Could someone
give me some insight?

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Fernando Padilla
I thought I meant Component Libraries.. as in user or third party
generated component libraries.. any other ideas?

SergeEby wrote:

> Hi,
>
> T5 components are listed here:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/component-parameters.html
>
> /Serge
>

> Fernando Padilla wrote:
>> So I think I've read most if not all of the T5 documentation, and I
>> don't see any mention of the old Component Libraries.. Could someone
>> give me some insight?

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Em Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:41:53 -0300, Fernando Padilla <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> I thought I meant Component Libraries.. as in user or third party
> generated component libraries.. any other ideas?

Tapestry 5 is very young yet (it's not even beta!), so developers hadn't
had much time to write component libraries like Tapestry's 4 Tacos. :)
There are some components (a date picker and some other I can't recall
now) and HiberTapestry, my very own Tapestry-IoC-Hibernate integration
(annotation and method-based transaction handling included):
http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/.

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Fernando Padilla
Cool.

So how would I go about creating a component library and including its
use in my app?

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> Em Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:41:53 -0300, Fernando Padilla <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
>
>> I thought I meant Component Libraries.. as in user or third party
>> generated component libraries.. any other ideas?
>
> Tapestry 5 is very young yet (it's not even beta!), so developers hadn't
> had much time to write component libraries like Tapestry's 4 Tacos. :)
> There are some components (a date picker and some other I can't recall
> now) and HiberTapestry, my very own Tapestry-IoC-Hibernate integration
> (annotation and method-based transaction handling included):
> http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/.

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Otry Itrch
I am trying to repeat what Ted has done in his FCKEditor and
DatePicker to package my own custom components:

1. I created a couple of components, they work fine in the project
where they are created.
2. I packaged everything used by these components into a JAR with structure like

com.myserver.myapp.LibModule
com.myserver.myapp.components.*
com.myserver.myapp.util.*
com.myserver.myapp.services.*

3. In the com.myserver.myapp.LibModule I included the following:

public static void
contributeComponentClassResolver(Configuration<LibraryMapping>
configuration) {
        configuration.add(new LibraryMapping("mylib", "com.myserver.myapp"));
    }

4. I made sure that the manifest of the JAR contains this line:

Tapestry-Module-Classes: com.myserver.myapp.LibModule

However, when I dropped the resulting JAR into a lib directory of
another project and tried to use one of the custom components like

I got an exception:

Unable to resolve component type 'mylib/MyComponent' to a component
class name. Available component types...

Where I am wrong then?