[T5] components collection release 0.3.0

[T5] components collection release 0.3.0

Sven Homburg-3
Hi there,

components collection release 0.3.0 is accessable now
at http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-components

(requiers tapestry 5.0.6)

--
best regards
Sven

Re: [T5] components collection release 0.3.0

Daniel Jue
This is great Sven!   Do you intend to have this library become T5's
"contrib" library?  Or would you suggest potential contributors to
start their own public library for people to download?

Daniel Jue

On 10/23/07, Sven Homburg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> components collection release 0.3.0 is accessable now
> at http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-components
>
> (requiers tapestry 5.0.6)
>
> --
> best regards
> Sven

Re: [T5] components collection release 0.3.0

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo
Em Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:55:56 -0200, Daniel Jue <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> This is great Sven!   Do you intend to have this library become T5's
> "contrib" library?  Or would you suggest potential contributors to
> start their own public library for people to download?

One of the beauties of open source is that one can write its own
libraries/components/whatever in separate and, if the community likes and
uses them, they can be part of the main Tapestry 5 distribution, for
example. :) These projects also help Howard and the other committers, as
they can focus on the framework internals while other people contribute
more specific components/services/whatever. :)

Re: [T5] components collection release 0.3.0

Daniel Jue
Oh, I know we _could_ each create our own, but I remember back in T4
it was nice to have a contrib jar that contained several useful
components.  I guess if I put out a library, I better make it
worthwhile (several interesting things)!
 :-)